sharetrader
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

Nevermind have you got some good investments as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Nevermind have you got some good investments as well?
    I'm so so with the Napier Port performance to date. After participating in the IPO I've sat on the investment which hasn't done much. Fairly recently with the share price down in the mid 2.90's I topped up holdings by 20%. This stock I see as a long term play and am happy enough to be getting an imputed dividend yield over 2.5% on my average purchase price while I wait for increased growth and profitability. NPH has a lot going for it longer term and I'll be surprised if expectations are not realised. Time will tell. (I've invested in port companies for a long time. None of the investments have been duds. POT and SPN have done very well. Sold half my SPN to get a stake in MMH which is well up but has an even brighter future in front of it?)

Guru

Heard Maersk pulling out of their Napier services....??

NPH dumped from the NZX50

Replaced by a company that does something about truck management and who just reported a half year LOSS

The indignity of it but that’s the way the world works these days.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

DFABPCLMB

Default NPH Napier Port Holdings

NPH update: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/390365

Selected quotes:

"For the six months to 31 March 2022, container volumes decreased by 16.6% and bulk cargo volumes decreased by 8.7% compared to the same period a year ago."

"Napier Port now expects to report a result from operating activities for the half year to 31 March 2022 of approximately $16.4 million, which is less than the $21.3 million reported for the first half of the last financial year."

"The fall in cargo volumes over the period follows an escalation in global container-based supply chain and shipping disruptions, ongoing seasonal labour shortages compounded by pandemic-related absences across cargo-owners’ workforces, and adverse local seasonal weather conditions that have impacted primary sector production."

"Assuming a continuation of the current market conditions, Napier Port now expects an underlying result from operating activities for the year to 30 September 2022 to range between $38 million and $42 million."

FYI last year was $43.8m

Guru

Advanced Member

Back to IPO we will be heading. I’ll be surprised if it continues to hold at these prices. It will be a great company longterm, but this longterm thing has been longer than many would have hoped. Covid has put the spanner into lots of companies and this is one of those companies. We might see the light shining nearer 2023-24

Guru

I wonder how new wharf is going versus budget?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    I wonder how new wharf is going versus budget?
    I’m not sure, but raw materials are rising like crazy. One can only imagine