sharetrader
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

Joins the NZX50 at close of business today. Might get a boost from that.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Joins the NZX50 at close of business today. Might get a boost from that.
    Hey beagle. Would that mean the nzx top 50 fund would then be buying into Napier port and selling down what ever dropped out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Hey beagle. Would that mean the nzx top 50 fund would then be buying into Napier port and selling down what ever dropped out?
    Yes, any fund that tracks the NZX50 will be doing exactly that.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Another update with cargo n containers down....

We will see how the market react today

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/356234
    Yes...not surprising.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

Share price will most likely stay the same. I do believe longterm this share is great, but overvalued at current levels and has been for a while. But hey what do I know I don’t own any

Guru

how the market cap of NPH is nearly $700m when FY20 NPAT is only expected to be $20m (and FY 21 probably not much better) and no dividend is proposed is beyond me... (that's a PE of 35 for little growth, and no dividend!)

Advanced Member

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/358576

But the share price will remain steady......... Then who knows it might actually drop?? I feel with this announcement it seems highly overvalued unless you want to hold longterm

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    how the market cap of NPH is nearly $700m when FY20 NPAT is only expected to be $20m (and FY 21 probably not much better) and no dividend is proposed is beyond me... (that's a PE of 35 for little growth, and no dividend!)
    No dividend ? Really ? Where did you get that from TJ ?

“As advised with our half year results announcement, a decision on the final dividend will be made by the Napier Port board in conjunction with the full financial year result and outlook in November 2020. The board’s intent is to pay a final dividend in respect of the 2020 financial year result, in accordance with our stated dividend policy, subject to developments and the economic outlook at that time.“

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    No dividend ? Really ? Where did you get that from TJ ?

“As advised with our half year results announcement, a decision on the final dividend will be made by the Napier Port board in conjunction with the full financial year result and outlook in November 2020. The board’s intent is to pay a final dividend in respect of the 2020 financial year result, in accordance with our stated dividend policy, subject to developments and the economic outlook at that time.“
    Apologies, I interpreted it as a continuation of the thinking at half year - which was to not pay a dividend.
    However, with the expansion of 6 Wharf beginning, the previous (prospectus) thinking was dividends could still be paid from free cash flows (still expected to be okay due to growth from increased cargo volumes and pricing over time - this now doesn't look to be the case) so the board might have the best but I still don't know how prudent it would be to pay any dividend at full year, except maybe a few cents (say 3 cps) at best - 3cps is less than 1% yield at a current share price of $3.50 ish... you'd have a higher yield with cash in the bank!
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-08-2020 at 09:11 AM.