I haven't installed the update yet so I'll post my brief thoughts on here... I think this will do solidly in the medium to long term, and certainly very well on the first day (they are really ramping this to the locals with interest free loans to staff and priority offers to them etc - unfortunately, they will likely be the first ones to sell when they can see a gain and likely not medium to long term investors - in my view).

My reasons for thinking it will do solidly in the medium to long term is that the new wharf will really alleviate constraints Napier port is currently facing - the danger with the new wharf is that it runs way behind budget (both time and cost wise)... it is interesting to note about the log prices slumping and how this could impact (and how previous log price jumps have helped), however I actually see an opportunity to diversify away from logging with the new wharf... (as well as allow more logging) it will allow more cruise ships (Note 18 July, Stuff: In a list of Australia and New Zealand's top-rated destinations compiled by Cruise Critic, Napier placed second...) so I think, all things taken into account (and me jumping to conclusion rather than fully explain my whole reasoning), Napier port will do solidly.

I'll be having a shot at getting an allocation, but not expecting any given the big ramp to/for the locals.