sharetrader
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

ASB minimum of $6500/2500 shares . $2.60 a share. I was only prepared to risk $5000.00 so will leave it.

IMO

This most recent post from Snaps is really making me wonder about this iPO, (especially at $2.60)the timing does indeed look unfortunate and if correct is also not good for NZ corp. The link didnt work for me despite adding an n..

"5.0 Conclusions The Russian sawmilling industry has become more competitive since 2014 and now have a wider and diversified product line from a larger manufacturing base. As well, Russia is strategically placed within the Chinese government’s BRI initiative to take advantage of improved logistics costs to inland China. A weaker ruble has lower domestic log and operating costs, and coupled with major capital investments into logging, sawmilling, value-added processing and logistics, Russian mills should continue to gain lumber market share in China, especially as they increase their volume of kiln-dried and higher-grade lumber. Also, of note, Chinese mills on both sides of the Russian border are adding sawmill and value-added equipment to process Russian logs and produce higher value kiln-dried lumber that can be shipped much further afield. Furthermore, with FSC-certified timber and lumber, Russian producers are learning about the economic returns of providing customers with the sizes and grades of lumber they need/want — a big change from ten years ago. The simple fact is that Russia poses a growing threat to all other countries exporting lumber to China. The country’s influx of investment into forestry and sawmill capital improvements has greatly enhanced its cost-competitiveness, and it would be perilous to underestimate the extent to which this once-slumbering behemoth could rise to achieve global lumber dominance.

Full link is here........note this was in 2018 just before the pine epidemic took off in Europe and area of Russia"

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/spot...ew-zealand.pdf

Advanced Member

Well I was from HB and am in. Not sounding as tho it will be a smooth start, but not intending to sell in the short term.....or even the medium term unless it goes really pear shaped. The trees will be harvested sooner or later, so eventually they will go through the port. Can’t see them being trucked to another one. Might have to be patient, hopefully rewarded with a decent dividend while we wait. Hope the construction of new facility goes well.
    That’s all I want really, an appreciating asset with a growing dividend. And I’ll be happy. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
    Milford Blog: A closer look at Port of Napier’s IPO

https://milfordasset.com/insights/a-...rm=Read%20More
    good summary , glad someone else sees the potential for growth from the cruise ship issue.
    one step ahead of the herd

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Its an alright investment at a slight premium in current conditions, can't expand its business due to capacity constraints, but being an isolated area has a competitive advantage.
    6 Wharf completion 2022, I'd say that would be when things get good for this stock, but before that its going to be a slow dividend earning stock for long term with limited growth and likely a stagnant share price.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU190...-per-share.htm

Price set at $2.60 - pretty impressive given the turmoil in the markets over the last few days!

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Price set at $2.60 - pretty impressive given the turmoil in the markets over the last few days!
    Well I'd say the turmoil causes more demand for stable companies then.

Guru

From what I heard, virtually nobody got any allocation unless you were a local, or part of the 10% that went to overseas insto's...
    Would have been nice (and there was certainly demand to do so) if they had kept that 10% in NZ instead, but I suppose you have to keep the big boys happy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

So that's the premarket price, ideas as to where it will trade on open day ?

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    From what I heard, virtually nobody got any allocation unless you were a local, or part of the 10% that went to overseas insto's...
    Would have been nice (and there was certainly demand to do so) if they had kept that 10% in NZ instead, but I suppose you have to keep the big boys happy.
    Just been advised by my broker that they bid aggressively for retail clients but have been scaled back to bugger all.

Will still get an allocation but not holding my breath that I will get more than 3% of what I bid for.

Got to keep the big boys happy as they are the ones to provide stag opportunity - give them too little and they sell out (as in Contact Energy), give them too much and they don't buy more on market.