sharetrader
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Just been advised by my broker that they bid aggressively for retail clients but have been scaled back to bugger all.

Will still get an allocation but not holding my breath that I will get more than 3% of what I bid for.

Got to keep the big boys happy as they are the ones to provide stag opportunity - give them too little and they sell out (as in Contact Energy), give them too much and they don't buy more on market.
    As a local I get a guaranteed $10k worth (3,846 shares). It will be interesting to see what scaling is applied to the extra $$ that I applied for.

IMO

Taken up some (indirectly) but its with a mindset of somewhere to park some cash and hold longer term with not a lot of conviction or $pine ca t ching thrills.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-08-2019 at 03:12 PM.

IMO

Although it prob will trade well initially as ASB have also said it was heavily scaled back , sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Although it prob will trade well initially as ASB have also said it was heavily scaled back , sought after.
    agree,,,then it depends on what the Germans do. If or when our currency goes south then stand back.

IMO

ASB only got 5% of what they requested btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ASB only got 5% of what they requested btw.
    So if one bids for 10,000 shares, one would get 500 shares (all things being equal)!

Guru

So if one bids for 10,000 shares, one would get 500 shares (all things being equal)!
    Minimum was 2500 shares I believe (for non local), so if you were with, say ASB (and not a local or employee etc), you would need to have bid for 50,000 shares at $2.60 worth in order to get 2500 shares...
    I wish I had known this and I would have added a few 0's to my bid
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 08-08-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Minimum was 2500 shares I believe (for non local), so if you were with, say ASB (and not a local or employee etc), you would need to have bid for 50,000 shares at $2.60 worth in order to get 2500 shares...
    That's as I understand it, too. Needless to say, I missed out - but not too concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Haha - would certainly be exercising the minds of the ASB allocators!

Does that mean that anyone who bid for less than 50,000 shares get nothing - unless the allocators decided to show favouritism?

Membaa

Haha - would certainly be exercising the minds of the ASB allocators!

Does that mean that anyone who bid for less than 50,000 shares get nothing - unless the allocators decided to show favouritism?
    Shows how desperate the market is for decent listings, or any listings.

Plenty of money sloshing around looking for a home but so few opportunities. Napier ports looks like a setup for a stag on disappointed buyers ramping the SP on IPO. If you can get some early on market, but who’s selling?

This one we can put down to entertainment value, pour a beer, pop some corns and enjoy the show.