sharetrader
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

Boats usually come with cranes.

I wonder if anyone using asb securities will be able to buy? I suspect this will be an opportunity for only a few people, then the open market price will go up 20% almost immediately after the ipo...

percy

Agree.
    I expect clients of the major brokers will receive very modest allocations.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agree.
    I expect clients of the major brokers will receive very modest allocations.
    there will be plenty for iwi and locals though

The Regional Council confirmedthat all Hawke’s Bay residents, including local iwi,wanting to buy shares in Napier Port would be offered aguaranteed minimum allocation of shares

I wonder if there is some possible conflict in that though with the main man a
    Hon Rick Barker
    being
    ChiefCrown Negotiator
    with the
    Minister for Treaty of Waitangi.

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    there will be plenty for iwi and locals though

The Regional Council confirmedthat all Hawke’s Bay residents, including local iwi,wanting to buy shares in Napier Port would be offered aguaranteed minimum allocation of shares

I wonder if there is some possible conflict in that though with the main man a
    Hon Rick Barker
    being
    ChiefCrown Negotiator
    with the
    Minister for Treaty of Waitangi.

Maybe, but not worth worrying about imo, just get some if you want some. Us minnows are at the back of the queue but we’re in the queue if we want some.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I wonder if anyone using asb securities will be able to buy? I suspect this will be an opportunity for only a few people, then the open market price will go up 20% almost immediately after the ipo...
    ASB sec are absolutely hopeless for these kind of allocations, not counting them in.

Guru

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but here we go anyway:

"Goldman Sachs' Owen Birrell told clients Napier Port was New Zealand's fourth largest port for handling shipping containers and sixth biggest when it came to bulk cargo.

The company was said to expect $NZ104.6 million ($100 million) revenue in the 2020 financial year, $NZ43.3 million operating EBITDA and $NZ21 million in profit after tax.

Birrell told clients the port was worth $NZ518 million to $NZ616 million in terms of its enterprise value, or 12 to 14-times forward earnings." - AFR

The brokers sound like, Craigs, Forsyth Barr and JB Were. Forsyth Barr have decent exposure in the Hawkes Bay.
    Stick to the strategy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but here we go anyway:

"Goldman Sachs' Owen Birrell told clients Napier Port was New Zealand's fourth largest port for handling shipping containers and sixth biggest when it came to bulk cargo.

The company was said to expect $NZ104.6 million ($100 million) revenue in the 2020 financial year, $NZ43.3 million operating EBITDA and $NZ21 million in profit after tax.

Birrell told clients the port was worth $NZ518 million to $NZ616 million in terms of its enterprise value, or 12 to 14-times forward earnings." - AFR
    heres the link

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/napi...0190627-p521r4

pot trading at pe of 44 so plenty of upside a lol
    one step ahead of the herd

i see in the AFR again today they saying the aussies will bid the price up in ipo to make sure nobody gets it cheap because they can cause its a infrastructure yield play.

I dont like the fact the port is paying the council 50 - 60m special div just before the ipo thats money could have been spent in the upgrade. or are using ipo proceeds to pay them lol
    one step ahead of the herd