sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs up My best % share increase for 2019.

For me it was CSM a 2200% increase from .001 to .023, but it did have a inter day high of .034 a increase ( if sold ) of 3300% !!

It is now delisted atm while its rebirthing details are being configured.
    Last edited by whatsup; 01-01-2020 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling !

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

NZX50 was up 30.4% across 2019, which I outperformed comfortably.

How did you entire portfolio do?
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    NZX50 was up 30.4% across 2019, which I outperformed comfortably.

How did you entire portfolio do?
    27.3% Quite comfortable with that. Being an investor not a trader.

Think that I am currently positioned well.

percy

Was the year of "The Percy".?
    Not a year's but the difference between our Craigs' holding reports of 26/02/2019 and 29/11/2019 was 47.69%.
    Was most probably over 50% as at the start of the year PAZ was 9.6 cents and finished at 28 cents while Craigs' report 26/02/2019 had PAZ at 11 cents and their report 29/11/2019 had them at 25 cents.
    At the start of the year HGH was our largest holding,followed by TRA and a distant third was PAZ.At the end of the year PAZ is now our largest holding and is over twice our HGH holding.!!
    The bonus was the increase in our dividend income.
    2020 should be an interesting year,and will be again driven by PAZ .
    Last edited by percy; 01-01-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Advanced Member

Share portfolio up 43% (few small additions during the year, interesting but risky ones).

Property portfolio up approx 12% (same portfolio as a year ago).

(I am generally Ok with numbers but have to use percentagecalculator.net for increase / decrease.)

Couple of weeks ago a beautiful pair of wood pigeons decided to take up residence in the trees outside our home. They're very fat like these two
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=1,6
    I not sure who is fatter, them, me after Xmas eating or my share portfolio I comfortably beat the NZX50 index.

I'm sure we've all had a tremendous year in 2019. Best wishes to all for a happy and prosperous new year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-01-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Couple of weeks ago a beautiful pair of wood pigeons decided to take up residence in the trees outside our home. They're very fat like these two
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=1,6
    I not sure who is fatter, them, me after Xmas eating or my share portfolio I comfortably beat the NZX50 index.

I'm sure we've all had a tremendous year in 2019. Best wishes to all for a happy and prosperous new year.
    Nice, I did not trade and focused on settling new real business investments overseas and still beat the NZX being rather passive, rather silly situation really.

Guru

HNY. Thanks to all for the heated discussions, interesting opinions and insights.

From Sharesight I see that the benchmark I use - Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF (gross) - is up 29.05% over the year. My BLT were up by 110%. My worst performer PEB were down -64%

However as an investor I prefer to look at longer times frames. The two year index for Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF is up 16.8% pa - best performer BLT at 66%.

Five years - 14.6%pa and ATM at 138%pa!

Disc: I reduced some of my holdings over the last couple of years. So my holdings' annual performance would be affected.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-01-2020 at 08:48 AM.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Very happy with my investment portfolio return of 48.9%. Hope i do it again in 2020 (lol)...

I hold mostly CSL.AX in my margin account with ASB securities, it went up 45% but on a margin of 30/70 it was effectively 150% for the year although the currency has gone against me. With the uncertainty over the CSL112 trial it's getting too risky for me so will scale back.