sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Classic is the marshmallow Easter eggs that aren't egg shaped - only have an egg! WTF??
    Thats a major drama in our house as there is only one egg worth having and thats the full egg shaped marshmallow. That half egg chunk thing from cadbury does not cut the mustard. But hope is at hand. Just been out and got some Rainbow Marshmallow eggs (just to prove how diverse and inclusive and woke I am). Havent tried the taste test yet though - wil have to report back on that after easter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Thats a major drama in our house as there is only one egg worth having and thats the full egg shaped marshmallow. That half egg chunk thing from cadbury does not cut the mustard. But hope is at hand. Just been out and got some Rainbow Marshmallow eggs (just to prove how diverse and inclusive and woke I am). Havent tried the taste test yet though - wil have to report back on that after easter.
    NO...you cannot tease us like this. Look we all know Roses chocolates are absolute crap now, they're so bad I doubt I would even eat them if given to me now and would simply recycle the gift to someone else I didn't especially like...Roses Choclates...the new "Go Too" gift you give to someone you don't like but have to give a gift too lol
    What we chocoholics and fat dog's on here need is feedback on what's a good alternative ! More immediate eating and posting of feedback before Easter is what's desperately required !
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-04-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    What we chocoholics and fat dog's on here need is feedback on what's a good alternative ! More immediate eating and posting of feedback before Easter is what's desperately required !
    Have you ever tried removing a juicy fresh steak from the jaws of a starving canine. Well, thats what you have asked me to do once SHMBO gets wind of this treat and finds I am trying to snaffle one.

Instead I'll take the cowards way out and offer up this review: https://thespinoff.co.nz/food/30-03-...-eggs-of-2019/

Banned

Have you ever tried removing a juicy fresh steak from the jaws of a starving canine. Well, thats what you have asked me to do once SHMBO gets wind of this treat and finds I am trying to snaffle one.I did try and take some excess food back out of my Beagle's bowl...you only try that once in your lifetime if you know what's good for you lol

Instead I'll take the cowards way out and offer up this review: https://thespinoff.co.nz/food/30-03-...-eggs-of-2019/
    Thanks mate. I just don't know about all these brands. I think I'll have a talk with Mrs Beagle about making our own this year. What could possibly go wrong lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-04-2019 at 05:51 PM.

I see no. 5 on their list is only half an egg as well, how can be considered an egg, think I will contact the commerce commission or whoever looks after the Fair Trading act and complain - false advertising- just as Fair Go pointed out, you see 2 separate halves of an egg coming out of a chicken do you!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I see no. 5 on their list is only half an egg as well, how can be considered an egg, think I will contact the commerce commission or whoever looks after the Fair Trading act and complain - false advertising- just as Fair Go pointed out, you see 2 separate halves of an egg coming out of a chicken do you!
    If that is a major concern to anyone, surely they have enough nous to buy two and join them. Consumers are winning through being able to buy half an egg rather than being forced to buy a whole one - or go without.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    surely they have enough nous to buy two and join them.
    we dont wanna hafta stick 'em together!

Wow the hate was strong for Cadbury on Seven Sharp tonite.
    Last edited by peat; 15-04-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    we dont wanna hafta stick 'em together!

You do not have to. It's quite voluntary.

They're best if you get two halves, stick them together, throw them in the bin, and eat the block of Whitakers in the cupboard. (like literally eat it in the cupboard so the kids don't see you and want some)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If that is a major concern to anyone, surely they have enough nous to buy two and join them. Consumers are winning through being able to buy half an egg rather than being forced to buy a whole one - or go without.
    Easter eggs arent lego. If we wanted to spend time in the kitchen we would spend it making hot cross buns with a cross on the top. Lets face it. Easter is about eggs - nut chunks of chocolate (resembling a slug or snail) covered marshmallow. The only real issue ought to be foil or no foil. These are the big issues at this time of year.

Advanced Member

Easter eggs arent lego. If we wanted to spend time in the kitchen we would spend it making hot cross buns with a cross on the top. Lets face it. Easter is about eggs - nut chunks of chocolate (resembling a slug or snail) covered marshmallow. The only real issue ought to be foil or no foil. These are the big issues at this time of year.
    Make Easter Great Again - Easter is about the risen Christ. This thread is about Roses chocolates.

Cadbury have done nothing in the last 5 years but to drive away their customer base.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Make Easter Great Again - Easter is about the risen Christ. This thread is about Roses chocolates.
    Agree 100% but there's probably not a lot of harm in having some chocolate too and I don't think it has to be egg shaped.
    I am not usually one for expending on famous Swiss brands but after looking at this, (and taking into account that Cadbury seems determined to destroy its own brand) I think I might spring for a Lindt bunny too. Might reuse the little bell on my dog's collar and amuse myself for 10 minutes with that too...small things amuse small minds lol
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/lifestyle/...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-04-2019 at 03:28 PM.

percy

Well I am enjoying a Terry's Chocolate Orange.
    Delicious.