sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roses Chocolates leaving a sour taste ?

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

Must say that the Beagle clan were most underwhelmed and disappointed. Wouldn't buy again.
    Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me. Our rating 2/10. 2 because we would probably eat them if given them but buying them again, you must be kidding !

What do you think of the new and "improved" Roses chocolates and what rating out of 10 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-12-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

percy

1 out of 10.
    And that 1 was earned by the packaging.
    Product is rubbish.
    Brought Nestle Milk Chocolate Almonds instead.

ps.Will have to wait a couple more days for Copelands to half price their Xmas cakes.
    Warning.From my last year's extensive research.Do not buy Pams own brand or Adams Bruce Xmas cakes.
    Last edited by percy; 28-12-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

Must say that the Beagle clan were most underwhelmed and disappointed. Wouldn't buy again.
    Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me. Our rating 2/10. 2 because we would probably eat them if given them but buying them again, you must be kidding !

What do you think of the new and "improved" Roses chocolates and what rating out of 10 ?
    Treat yourself to the real deal
    https://bom.co.nz/products/30-chocolate-selection

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Thanks, (I think) for the encouragement...unfortunately I have been gathering quite a bit of empirical evidence as to what is the best Ham, chocolates, Christmas cake, fruit mince pies e.t.c. and need to stop right away lol

My wife and I were appalled at the the new Roses chocolate and especially the packaging. We were given them which we should be and are grateful but pleased we are not the only ones unhappy with the whole product.

Quote Originally Posted by stones View Post
    My wife and I were appalled at the the new Roses chocolate and especially the packaging. We were given them which we should be and are grateful but pleased we are not the only ones unhappy with the whole product.
    I was simply appalled anything Cadbury was purchased in the household..certain family members never learn and yes the new Roses do suck. I just wondered how the new flavours overall are expected to save them more money and make a larger surplus given their cost focus seems to been their priority for ever and not customer satisfaction.

New Roses chocolates? The family has never been a fan of the old one so never noticed they changed it. So the new should be registering as 2 out of 10 by now if the old was three of ten then for us.

Veteran novice

Once was a big fan of Roses chocolates but the new fillings/flavours are a big disappointment. Another classic stuff-up to rank with the infamous palm oil debacle a few years ago. No rating, as won't be buying them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I was simply appalled anything Cadbury was purchased in the household..certain family members never learn and yes the new Roses do suck. I just wondered how the new flavours overall are expected to save them more money and make a larger surplus given their cost focus seems to been their priority for ever and not customer satisfaction.
    Classic shooting yourself in the foot stuff isn't it. I get it that most people buy them to give them as a gift but word gets around and most people want the recipient of a gift to be happy with it don't they ! Some dumb bean counter decided if we cut out X and Y we'll get Z. Z all right.. zero interest from a lot of households going forward...once bitten twice shy has never been a more apt cliché !

Advanced Member

They are almost unedible, taste very chemical like.

As for the packaging that is equally as bad. Can honestly say that would never eat them again and I love chocolate.

One place that does have a good selection is the Warehouse, have many of my English treats, and 30% off at the moment, none of that Australian rubbish, as roses are now.
    Last edited by ratkin; 29-12-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post

As for the packaging that is equally as bad.

Packaging designed by an accountant as well I reckon
    “I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing “ — Socrates

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Packaging designed by an accountant as well I reckon
    Not likely. The accountants are busy making the chocolates.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/home-livin...f8701b9693fd9e

It turns out one of the best investments you could make in 2018 was to buy the original. Here's a classic example, (and not the only one on Trade Me by any means) even though its time expired and selling for about a 500% profit on original purchase price for just a 225 gm box. Meanwhile 450 gm boxes of the new rubbish are flooding Tarde me with people struggling to get $6 for them.

Sniffing around (as a Beagle does) yesterday I found an old half eaten box of the old Roses chocolates tucked away in a cupboard in our holiday bach from last summer. Chocolate was heavily discoloured, some of them head semi melted and were well and truly past best before date but still tasted substantially better than a fresh box of the new tripe consumed earlier these holidays.
    The looney's at the asylum making this new garbage will hopefully wake up and smell the coffee in the new year when they discover that sales are falling off the face of a cliff.

Advanced Member

It seems that half of my body is composed of Cadbury dairy milk! However since the palm oil saga, I turned to Whittaker’s. I last had a Rose’s years ago. I used to like the coffee cream though.