sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It seems that half of my body is composed of Cadbury dairy milk! However since the palm oil saga, I turned to Whittaker’s. I last had a Rose’s years ago. I used to like the coffee cream though.
    Whittakers isn't much better.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Whittakers isn't much better.
    It is a matter of taste and your budget. There was a stage when Cadbury chocolate flavours changed. I tried Whittaker’s and preferred it to even the pre-change Cadbury flavours.

I have also been enjoying a bit too much my seasonal toblerone and various other expensive European chocolate bars.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a matter of taste and your budget. There was a stage when Cadbury chocolate flavours changed. I tried Whittaker’s and preferred it to even the pre-change Cadbury flavours.

I have also been enjoying a bit too much my seasonal toblerone and various other expensive European chocolate bars.
    Hey buzz look at your toblerone in the logo there is a bear in the center of the mountain.. trippy eah...
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger... ripple... neo.... .....LOCI ...
    Market capitalisation 130billion...
    Coinmarketcap.com

So....now we have all concluded that the new Roses are absolute rubbish perhaps we can get on to how we are going to feed our addiction going forward lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

I've surveyed the Chocolateers within the Moke whanau and overall view is "yuk - please dont give us any more". Packaging is a bit flat and the number of contents dont deliver on promise from size of box. The twisty openey thing is missed - dont like the rip open option. As for flavour - chocolate coating is off and inner bits missing flavour and also have an "off" aftertaste.

(Im guarding the Ferero rochere so they dont get their mits on them)

Went to the Cadbury chocolate factory a few years back and I recall the story on how good a place Dunedin was for making chocolate. Environment/ ait temperature was just right. Seems the move off shore has done them no good at all.

I'm surprised anyone still buys Cadbury after the palm oil / factory closure fusses. Just goes to show there are some super lazy gift-givers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm surprised anyone still buys Cadbury after the palm oil / factory closure fusses. Just goes to show there are some super lazy gift-givers out there.
    Or there are some people that think the all the recipient deserves is a box of the new and "improved" Roses lol

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Hey buzz look at your toblerone in the logo there is a bear in the center of the mountain.. trippy eah...
    Yeah...It was founded in Bern, which has the Bear in its canton shield. I always used to see in the logo Marianne (lady liberty) being sick after eating too much chocolate as well as the Bern Bear!

Harumph... Toblerone is another tentacle of the Mondelez hydra that owns Cadbury - which in turn was part of Kraft Foods (once part of Philip Morris Tobacco empire). Itís run out of Deerfield Illinois and Toblerone had an unpopular controversy when the penny pinchers decided to scrimp some costs by increasing the gap between the triangular bits in a bar of Toblerone to reduce the weight... this finally got fixed when the bars were restored to 200 grams from 150 grams...

www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-44910195

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Harumph... Toblerone is another tentacle of the Mondelez hydra that owns Cadbury - which in turn was part of Kraft Foods (once part of Philip Morris Tobacco empire). It’s run out of Deerfield Illinois and Toblerone had an unpopular controversy when the penny pinchers decided to scrimp some costs by increasing the gap between the triangular bits in a bar of Toblerone to reduce the weight... this finally got fixed when the bars were restored to 200 grams from 150 grams...

www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-44910195
    Tobler was founded in Bern.
    NZ knows only too well about international ownership as 2018 was another year when a slew of NZ companies became overseas based or overseas owned. A further backward step to third-world vassalage for NZ as NZ business moves closer to being a small pawn subject to foreign decision-making?

Is that globalised international business and profit maximisation for you?...they will try to implement surreptitious cost saving where they can unless consumer backlash cuts too much into sales. However, hasn’t profitable business always been so?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I've surveyed the Chocolateers within the Moke whanau and overall view is "yuk - please dont give us any more". Packaging is a bit flat and the number of contents dont deliver on promise from size of box. The twisty openey thing is missed - dont like the rip open option. As for flavour - chocolate coating is off and inner bits missing flavour and also have an "off" aftertaste.

(Im guarding the Ferero rochere so they dont get their mits on them)

Went to the Cadbury chocolate factory a few years back and I recall the story on how good a place Dunedin was for making chocolate. Environment/ ait temperature was just right. Seems the move off shore has done them no good at all.

They are heavy discounted at the super..kiwis are so price driven..including my family....

There is heaps of quality choc. options however most do not come cheap

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    They are heavy discounted at the super..kiwis are so price driven..including my family....

There is heaps of quality choc. options however most do not come cheap
    https://ocho.co.nz/
    DISC: Small shareholder

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    https://ocho.co.nz/
    DISC: Small shareholder

As a Dunedinite, I like to see local businesses do well. However I just can't see Ocho chocolate taking off. Maybe my taste buds are failing, but I think it's close to inedible. Speights is still alright though.

Sammy reckons http://www.nzherald.co.nz//entertain...580&ref=clavis Whittakers dark salted caramel chocolate is the go...might give that a go. Doesn't seem to have done her figure any harm eating it so it must be good for you lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-01-2019 at 12:50 PM.