sharetrader

Threaded View

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Well , there will be no surprises from me. Put the lot in OCA.
    "shock , horror!"I hear you all say what about diversification?
    Forget diversification,It's only 500K , regular people will put all of that into one rental house (or 1.5 x rental houses) plus living in their own freehold house and have no issues. They'll even be happy to borrow some to do it.
    Why OCA?
    Beyond everything said on that thread (which implies good growth for ages), for the purpose of retirement its gives a fair dividend return and capital growth.
    Wait, there's one more thing...here is the most important part...the share will also be inflation proof. For retirement funds that will be needed 30 years from now when plumbers cost $500/hr .Without keeping the 500k up with inflation, it will have eroded to almost worthlessness by the end.
    I see the price of a village/house representing the amalgamated sum of labour costs of the era (land, plumbers, engineers etc all combined into one new house build cost) so in other words your OCA unit (continually maintained to new condition all paid by the residents) will keep up with whatever the costs of the future might be.
    While HLG , AIR etc have good divis their assets don't` necessarily keep up with inflation for that plumbers bill 30 years from now (i.e HLG capital value growth is benign)
    Can`t go wrong with OCA. At he very minimum if the share price doesn't go up one more cent above the rate of inflation from $1.08 the current dividend alone is adequate..but lets face it, its gonna go up sh*t loads as well.

Disc , retiring in 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Maverick; 09-01-2019 at 03:55 PM.