sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default How is everyones Kiwi saver holding up?

Nearly everyone I speak too has put their kiwi saver onto conservative or cash in the last few weeks, except for one brave young soul who will not retire for Thirty Five years anyway.

Someone mentioned on another thread that forced selling by funds, due to people leaving aggressive funds was driving down prices, but do many kiwi saver schemes have many holdings in NZ shares? My aggressive fund was nearly all overseas shares from memory

I'm in a growth fund and too scared to look. Can't do anything about it now.

I'm in a conservative fund and is down about 10% from the top.

Seeing as I'm a few decades from cashing it in...

Guru

Not too well, but not too concerned. I am in FNZ, and from the graph it is about where it was 1 year and 1 month ago. So no worries. Long term outlook for me on this one.

No worries here. After all, it's a retirement fund and had been Cash since December 2018. After all this goes well, sure it will be growth...just not yet until the full extent of the recession becomes clearer.

Advanced Member

Growth fund doing badly at the mo but luckily used everything 2 years ago to buy my house. Still 20 years away from retiring tho so it should bounce back nicely (one hopes).

Growth fund. Haven’t even looked at it as its nothing in relation to my main self managed holdings.

Membaa

Staying in growth, long term horizon, don’t want to miss out on all these cheap shares my fund is buying. They have to keep buying, buy buy buy. KiwiSaver isn’t a trading tool

Advanced Member

Mine only updates at the end of each month, February it was flat, but bracing for March to be a shocker even if it is only in a conservative fund. Wishing now had gone all the way down to cash fund