sharetrader
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not so. I think you will find many companies on the NZX that have a long history of growing EPS, dividends and SP. Healthy and growing dividend payers normally see steady SP growth over time as well.
    Agreed..........................

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agreed..........................
    If i recall didnt Cavalier Carpets come into this category, especially in the 1990s. Favourite of mature invsetors looking to secure their retirement cash flow, good dividends paid three times per year.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    If i recall didnt Cavalier Carpets come into this category, especially in the 1990s. Favourite of mature invsetors looking to secure their retirement cash flow, good dividends paid three times per year.
    Yes was a brokers' and investors' favourite for a good number of years.
    Was easy to foresee their demise once imported synthetic carpets became avaliable.
    Last edited by percy; 18-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Update: no decision yet but I still like the smartshare DIV ETF option.
    My only knowledge of ETF's to date is with regard to precious metal etf's. They are considerd risky by some as they are potentially not all backed by the real bullion they proport to have behind them.
    Can this same concern for ETF's be applied to the smartshare DIV ETF ? Appreciate your thoughts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Update: no decision yet but I still like the smartshare DIV ETF option.
    My only knowledge of ETF's to date is with regard to precious metal etf's. They are considerd risky by some as they are potentially not all backed by the real bullion they proport to have behind them.
    Can this same concern for ETF's be applied to the smartshare DIV ETF ? Appreciate your thoughts.
    The DIV ETF neither uses hedges nor derivatives, just holds the underlying shares which make up the portfolio. That's according to
    https://smartshares.co.nz/document-l...ded-funds1.pdf

Appreciate if somone could clarify.
    On the smartshare website it refers to DIV at 3 years annualised at 9.1% . I assume thats the growth on the share value ?
    I can not see any reference to the history on the 5.4 % dividend return . Also no reference beyond 3 years, has it only been running 3 years ? And can the current 5.4% fluctuate over the next few years or does it stay at 5.4 ?

From their website(https://smartshares.co.nz/fund-investor-report):
    "Returns are as at 31 March 2019 and are calculated on NTA movement, assuming distributions are reinvested on ex-date, and are after tax at 28% and fund charges."
    Yes DIV appears to have only been active for the past 3 years, however bizarrely my ASB securities shows history from before this time, possibly just showing data from the
    S&P/NZX 50 High Dividend Index on which the ETF is based.
    The 5.4% will fluctuate as companies in the ETF provide different dividend rates over time. Previous dividends are available on the info sheet (https://smartshares.co.nz/download-f...nd/nz-dividend)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

snowcar.jpg

DIV listed 7-Apr-2015 at $1 a pop and thus recently had it's 4th birthday
    om mani peme hum

Thanks Snow Leopard. I am now a retiree so forgive my senility but I still can't see reference to the div return for the previous years.

Guru

https://smartshares.co.nz/types-of-f...nd/nz-dividend

Surely what you want is on this page.