sharetrader
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Robert ...has written two books I believe with trump....does anything more need to be said..sorry mate
    He is currently doing free seminar/workshop
    around nz has anyone gone to see it and is it worthwhile or a have for money
    Last edited by Ggcc; 17-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.

We are straying off topic now, but Kiyosaki's books are mostly elementary common sense, nothing mysterious, earth moving, or dramatic, but I was taken by his "river of cash" description which is why I quoted it. It also goes without saying that your expenditure should be less than your income.Charles Dickens made that point in the 19th century.
    Lewylewy has made the point.
    Last edited by airedale; 17-01-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    We are straying off topic now, but Kiyosaki's books are mostly elementary common sense, nothing mysterious, earth moving, or dramatic, but I was taken by his "river of cash" description which is why I quoted it. It also goes without saying that your expenditure should be less than your income.Charles Dickens made that point in the 19th century.
    Lewylewy has made the point.

And it's been Fungus Pudding's mantra for over 50 years 'learn to live below your means'. Amen.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 17-01-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Why go for a high dividend/lower capital growth portfolio when you could go for a lower dividend/higher capital growth portfolio and not pay tax and sell off some shares every year or so?

percy

Best to have both.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by epower View Post
    Why go for a high dividend/lower capital growth portfolio when you could go for a lower dividend/higher capital growth portfolio and not pay tax and sell off some shares every year or so?
    If you go for a decent dividend then you should be able to kark it with all investments still intact. Someone will thank-you for it.

Taxcinda and her friends (aka the Tax Working Group) currently appear to be dreaming up ways to make sure your suggestion is not a goer...

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If you go for a decent dividend then you should be able to kark it with all investments still intact. Someone will thank-you for it.
    If you go for decent capital growth, your $500,000 might turn into $1,000,000 instead of high dividends staying at $500,000. Someone will also thank you.

If you go for decent capital growth, your $500,000 might turn into $1,000,000 instead of high dividends staying at $500,000. Someone will also thank you.
    Good point but i suspect a bit harder to pick than big dividend earners. Might being the operative word.
    Last edited by ynot; 17-01-2019 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Add more

Dilettante

Not so. I think you will find many companies on the NZX that have a long history of growing EPS, dividends and SP. Healthy and growing dividend payers normally see steady SP growth over time as well.