sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Default Predictions

Since it's still the start of the year, I would like to invite people to share their predictions for the coming times.

Just for fun, I'll start things off:

I have a feeling there will be another buying opportunity later this year.

Plenty of shenanigans from Trumpy to enjoy, we just have to wait for the moment Americans can understand that he's doing economic damage. Then every stupid thing will be a buying opportunity. He may also go a bit loopy towards the end of his reign and his health will become a public issue.

Also, i think that if it goes poorly within the next few years, he won't go up for reelection because it will be too damaging for his ego to have people not vote for him (therefore saying he's not the best president). However, if he does, the election will be another buying opportunity to the order of 10-20% profit trading that month.

There will be another drop in the nzx throughout the year, but the nzx will be higher at the end of 2019.

Predictions for 2019:

1. Trump and Pence impeached; Pelosi new USA President.
    2. 2nd referendum leads to Brexit being cancelled.
    3. NZX down 40%

Ive gotta agree with point 2

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Predictions for 2019:

3. NZX down 40%
    One can only hope for number 2 to take place. They seem extremely disorganised in UK and stubborn in negotiations. They chose to leave initially and now that S*&^ hit the fan they have their tail between their legs, as they can't work out stuff internally.

Outside thinking.

Back to Bull.....!!!

Bulls back in charge.jpg

Prediction 1 can't happen without a 2/3 Senate majority, 2 is a probable will happen and 3 not so much.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Predictions for 2019:

3. NZX down 40%

What the ignorant people do not realise is that there can be no 2nd referendum of Brexit , if there was it would lead to a challenge to every U K election by the dissatisfied parties !!!

The fish heads had their chance to vote but didn't see the need and now being stuck with the results( which they do not like ) have finally woken to the consequences of their arrogance !!!

Pretty harsh words there Whatsup, to call us ignorant people. But perhaps you're right about no second referendum.

My personal view of it, is that they voted on whether they wanted out, then the deals were negotiated, it makes sense (since the deals are perceived to be so bad) that people should be allowed to vote about whether they want to leave now they know the terms.

An analogy would be calling up a painter and telling them that you want them to paint your house, but when they turn up they can only use bright green paint, then then telling you that you have to let them do it because you said they could.

If they had a cheaper, easier, more efficient way to hold referendums, people could have more granular choice about things, but i guess that's a different topic.

Advanced Member

I think you'll find referendums in the UK are not legally binding (unlike a general election) & there's a reason for that. The govt of the day can ignore the results if they wish (would be interesting to know past examples of this) & certainly if there was a general election & a change of government based on brexit, it would be an interesting situation.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 13-01-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I think you'll find referendums in the UK are not legally binding (unlike a general election) & there's a reason for that. The govt of the day can ignore the results if they wish (would be interesting to know past examples of this) & certainly if there was a general election & a change of government based on brexit, it would be an interesting situation.
    Which leaves it up to the courts to decide !