• keep it the same as 2018 BIG WINNER 90% runner up 10%

11 47.83%
  • Winner 45% runner-up 25% third place-20% last place 10%

6 26.09%
  • Another plan

6 26.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Jb can we assume that what ever system is selected that wiz will be paid out first?
    yeah Wiz jennym can cotact me if they need funds to help with comp running
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    I could well be in for the wooden spoon this year, I am so far I think, so I vote for any combination that includes 10% for last.
    I'm not 100% sure which of my books from the libary will be posted out will prob give the option but I'm sure it will help I did have a
    aspect huntly guide to the Sharemarket which I did lend out ....not sure where that got too>>>
    and I guess if I win the spoon then I will just buy another book on the market

If we go with the BIG Winner format > second-hand book
    Last edited by JBmurc; 15-01-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

my 2 cents worth : Winner 60% runner-up 30% third place-10% last place actual wooden spoon with competition year
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien

Yes ...... something like that is fine ..... a good amount to the winner ...... little to 2nd/3rd ...... and an acknowledgement to last for competing

Why does everyone think winner will win the comp he/she might but then again - ( sorry could not resist)

Not wishing to sound holier than thou...when me and my mate won...we found out a family with a child with cancer...we gave the 400 or whatever a supermarket voucher for that amount....now that was really satisfying..and will last for a lifetime....guys think about that...

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Not wishing to sound holier than thou...when me and my mate won...we found out a family with a child with cancer...we gave the 400 or whatever a supermarket voucher for that amount....now that was really satisfying..and will last for a lifetime....guys think about that...
    yeah I gave some of my prize money to a family in need on the "give a little" page.. certainly think its a noble idea .. but upto the individual

Sorry mate...you must be young...the disparity between those who have and those who dont has become quite grotesque...sick...unsustainable.Do you read much !
    cheers troy

sorry that reply is meant for aaron...
    Last edited by troyvdh; 22-01-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Sorry mate...you must be young...the disparity between those who have and those who dont has become quite grotesque...sick...unsustainable.Do you read much !
    cheers troy

sorry that reply is meant for aaron...
    I agree totally, it is hard to convey sarcasm in writing.

See the first post under "Capital Gains Tax" in the "Elections" thread. That might indicate my feelings about wealth disparity and possible solutions. No appetite from the voting public for change in NZ or the US for that matter.

Although that said I think it would be best to keep things simple for the competition. Pay out to the winner, second and I am hopeful JBMurch has a good book for me if gold doesn't perform.

I think it would be handy to know what you should contribute to the prize. I put in $20 as I read somewhere on the thread there was an average of $16 so I rounded it up. Maybe a minimum donation to enter next year and if you want to donate more feel free.
    Last edited by Aaron; 23-01-2019 at 09:42 AM. Reason: bringing it back to the threads reason for existing