sharetrader

Thread: Stuff

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Default Stuff

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ff-could-float

Possible float... but only if they can't flick it off first. Openly dressing an IPO as the option of last resort and only to achieve a price that other potential buyers won't pay... That and a dying industry.... Pass.
    Last edited by Hectorplains; 17-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Yeah stuff that...they can keep it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I struggle to be bothered to visit/read the site, I really can't imagine why I would spend money to buy the company! That said when he says:
    "Stuff had a done a better job than most media companies around the world managing that transition from print to digital, he said"

I think he actually means that:
    "We have abandoned all journalistic principles and now just use Stuff as an advertising platform supported by a range of populist 'opinion' pieces designed to maximise the digital advertising revenue that can be generated"

Given that, perhaps there is a viable revenue stream...

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    I struggle to be bothered to visit/read the site, I really can't imagine why I would spend money to buy the company! That said when he says:
    "Stuff had a done a better job than most media companies around the world managing that transition from print to digital, he said"

I think he actually means that:
    "We have abandoned all journalistic principles and now just use Stuff as an advertising platform supported by a range of populist 'opinion' pieces designed to maximise the digital advertising revenue that can be generated"

Given that, perhaps there is a viable revenue stream...
    Yeah, clickbait trash.

If the company finances are as good as the media content I'l be dragging out my barge pole.

Does anyone know much about EneryclubNZ that stuff bought into?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/976...m-energyclubnz

To me it has a slight whiff about it and is perhaps a bit like Youi