sharetrader

Default Automatic tax refunds

I am a IR3 filer, but just curious about the mum and dad's that might have MRP or now MCY re: dividend taxes. Is this included with the automatic tax refund project? "

Cheers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rayonline View Post
    I am a IR3 filer, but just curious about the mum and dad's that might have MRP or now MCY re: dividend taxes. Is this included with the automatic tax refund project? "

Cheers.
    No not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No not at this point.
    Just related question. Is an IR3 required to get share dividends re-assessment if people are on a low tax rate and to get access to imputation credit? Did the PTS etc catered for this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rayonline View Post
    Just related question. Is an IR3 required to get share dividends re-assessment if people are on a low tax rate and to get access to imputation credit? Did the PTS etc catered for this?
    You had to get your PTS adjusted in order to claim the imps, no IR3 required.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You had to get your PTS adjusted in order to claim the imps, no IR3 required.
    Just had a quick look ay MYIRD, all is shows in the way of income in my NZ Super plus tax on interest from the old ANZ Securities (now Direct Broking) so it appears we still have to complete IRD3

Guru

It shows what info they know of. All institutions have yet to pass on that information, including Direct Broking for the interest they have paid since the change. You have to add your dividends (next year I think they will pre fill for you) and any other income and expenses.

Did my wife's return on Tuesday. All what was auto filled by them was correct so submitted the return. Refund paid yesterday.