sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

IMO

Thats fine you stay in im pulling money out for myself and our more conservative estate portfolio and moving to more cash/bonds etc.

I believe that things are tipping over globally. I may be wrong but it fits my situ ATPIT to reduce holding equities after the longest bull run in history. Im so thankful ive got a 2nd chance as i dithered a few months back.

Everyone has their own criteria and risk/reward situ, and importantly timeframes, its finding what works best for oneself and not following a herd. I personally think now is not a good time to be entering , but to each their own.

Most kiwis i know when i mention shares their eyeballs glaze over and then mention of the 87 crash comes up, sadly.

if one is TRULY investing for a longterm 10 years plus and they wait out a possible correction first their gains are truly magnified. Also something that drops say 30% has t go up 40% plus just to get back to evens. If i was entering now id at least average my entry out over time and not lump it.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-02-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Timing in and out of the market is a fools game. You don't have to take my work for it:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ims-2019-02-06

"Investing legend Peter Lynch once said, “Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections, or trying to anticipate corrections, than has been lost in corrections themselves.”

Agree the subject of stocks (or shares) in NZ is negative. I just hope that the introduction of CGT would make Kiwis understand more about investing and discourage them away from profiteering off real estate investments (which can deprive those that need to buy their 1st home etc.). I get that NZ real estate investing has a clear tax advantage over any other investment in NZ (but I think that door will quickly close this year). The real issue is will NZ equities perform as well as overseas equities once NZ's introduces CGT on them? Because at the end of the day, the fund manager has to choose which company (or shares) will profit more. EBITA only tells half of the story (hope these Kiwi Saver fund managers realise that because EBITA is a poor way of measuring the company's performance).

IMO

Name calling ehh, tells me alot. You stick with your legends SBQ. One thing ive learnt is that all these talking heads near and far dont give an atom of care about you losing or making your money.
    Good to see Pie funds ( i hold) have alot in cash atm btw, prudent.

Good luck Muffinpop whatever you do do it right for your own unique situ.

Sign up to Superlife and invest directly. Low fees and you can withdraw/change ETF's in 2 days or less with no fees. I suggest avoiding the NZX/ASX.

https://thesmartandlazy.com/2017/05/...n-new-zealand/

https://www.superlife.co.nz/investme...funds-and-fees

Smartshares is also an option.. and has a different fee structure.

1. If you intend to withdraw/change your mind often = Superlife (virtually zero fees apart from slightly higher fund fee)
    2. No changes to investment = Smartshares (slightly lower fund fees and high switching costs)

https://investnow.co.nz/thesmartandl...g-new-zealand/

The following fees also apply:
    SuperLife Invest

• Administration fee - $12 a year (regardless of the number of investment options you invest in, or the number of times you change investment options).
    • Paper statements fee - $18 a year (you will only be charged this fee if you choose to receive statements and other SuperLife communications in paper form).
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 06-03-2019 at 11:02 AM.