sharetrader
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Unbelievable...…

People will buy shares in anything.
    obviously you do not see the potential size of the market. there is always big risk in a new market, pick the right one in a new market and your retire a millionaire , pick the wrong one and lose all your money. simple
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Unbelievable...…

People will buy shares in anything.
    Yeah and we got an Auckland bridge to sell to them

I'm new to investing (and sharetrader, hi! - backed these guys on sharesies about a month ago, seems to be going well so far! not sure why everyone here is so negative about them?

Quote Originally Posted by deez_nutz View Post
    I'm new to investing (and sharetrader, hi! - backed these guys on sharesies about a month ago, seems to be going well so far! not sure why everyone here is so negative about them?
    Because they don’t generate any income

ha, fair enough!

I guess its speculative as its based on the upcoming industry - but they do seem to be getting their ducks in a row

ha, fair enough!

I guess its speculative as its based on the upcoming industry - but they do seem to be getting their ducks in a row
    highly speculative , if they get it right could do well , if they dont probably lose all your money

actually i should have said if you got in around the lows of 35c odd your currently well positioned ( up 100% now lol ) now to take some of the table and be free carried now on the rest of your holding. ( free carried means selling some to get your initial investment back and seeing what happens with the profits in the future) not advice just a strategy some people use.
    Last edited by bull....; 09-09-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Outside thinking.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Share investing. Good luck with your investment.

Many investors here have seen companies like this come and go before. The 'negative' comments that may concern you are made because until this company proves itself with a regular revenue stream and regular profits it is viewed by many as an extremely 'risky' investment.

While none of us can predict the future, it is likely that it will be several years before profitability is reached and in that time there is strong risk of share price dilution via the need for additional capital raising (not to mention all the other risks of market crashes, lack of product sales, competition, take overs, etc etc)

If you have picked this company well and it moves quickly into profitability you may well become very rich.

In the meantime some of us prefer to have our money elsewhere in 'proven companies' where returns are more certain and less risky. However you can be sure that when/if this company ever moves into profitability many of us will re-evaluate it and possibly join you.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    ( free carried means selling some to get your initial investment back and seeing what happens with the profits in the future) not advice just a strategy some people use.
    thanks for explaining - definitely something I've considered doing but wasn't aware of the term used for this strategy

Herbacious

You also have to consider just how much competition is out there, and the fact that these guys are starting from a long way back. There's other Aus companies already up and running and bringing in revenue, plus all the Canadian outfits. That's not to say that CannaSouth won't at some point come up with a competitive product but really just how much can they differentiate themselves? It's going to get pretty crowded over the next year or so and I don't like the chances of a late entry startup.

Membaa

Goodness, look at that for price action! Amazing what market sentiment can provoke regardless of any fundamental basis. There will be winners and losers, I hope those folks buying this rally have the wherewithal to know how to manage their position. Great for the promoters and insiders, I expect another announcement soon regarding who’s feeding the buying frenzy.