sharetrader
Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    IMO

I dont believe people "suffer" from it. As before they are taking drugs, alcohol etc as an avoidance way of not facing up to their underlying problems, be it health, psychological etc. We can help them to help themselves to find away out of their problems. The govt is pumping many hundreds of $millions into mental health for these people.But only if they take responsibility for their situations and not be stuck in a victim mentality.

It’s really not your day is it?

You are one of the most vocal posters here, yet the total ignorance you demonstrate, on so many subjects, is outstanding.

‘You would do well to remember the old saying “There but for the grace of God, go I.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The govt is pumping many hundreds of $millions into mental health for these people.But only if they take responsibility for their situations and not be stuck in a victim mentality.

IMO

Sure some are stuck, no doubt about that. Not all. They need help, in the vast majority of cases imo because of their preexisting situation mental or poverty (P anyone) etc. Whose ignorant? And losing it like a volcano, losing control, no way to debate.An informed response works a reaction doesn't. I will be voting for the legalisation of marijuana as i think the majority will, benefits far outlay any cons. Lets kill synthetic dope as well and allow people to grow a few at home for both recreational and medicinal reasons .Win/win/win.

Now excess alcohol makes many people violent and is a poison and yet its legal!. Marijuana is a peaceful drug. World gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuatree View Post
    sure some are stuck, no doubt about that. Not all. They need help, in the vast majority of cases imo because of their preexisting situation mental or poverty (p anyone) etc. Whose ignorant? And losing it like a volcano, losing control, no way to debate.an informed response works a reaction doesn't. I will be voting for the legalisation of marijuana as i think the majority will, benefits far outlay any cons. Lets kill synthetic dope as well and allow people to grow a few at home for both recreational and medicinal reasons .win/win/win.

Now excess alcohol makes many people violent and is a poison and yet its legal!. Marijuana is a peaceful drug. World gone mad.
    agree and vote with all both hands and both legs , lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    no more than 12-14 standard drinks per week in alcohol.
    Wow - that sounds like a drinking problem/addiction to me, and certainly wouldn't be doing your health (both mental and physical) any good!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    Wow - that sounds like a drinking problem/addiction to me, and certainly wouldn't be doing your health (both mental and physical) any good!
    Trust me I drink more that and I would be red flagged at my doctors lol

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yep alcohol is far worse the evil in society and yet most people wouldnt blink a eye over someone swilling one back , yet puff on some weed and your a criminal lol
    Wow that hasn't been my experience ... while I was a student I was in charge of a rental ... unfortunately rented out a room to a couple who turned out to be pot-heads ... they had no motivation in life, had social welfare worked out (as long as they went to 1 x councelling session per week they would get their mental health benefit), and spent everything they had on weed.

Unfortunately things got worse and worse until they didn't pay rent ... one day I came home to find out they had been using bedside tables as ash-trays, bed soaked with urine, carpets and curtains ruined ... awesome ...

I'll never trust a pot-head ... we don't need this legalised in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Wow that hasn't been my experience ... while I was a student I was in charge of a rental ... unfortunately rented out a room to a couple who turned out to be pot-heads ... they had no motivation in life, had social welfare worked out (as long as they went to 1 x councelling session per week they would get their mental health benefit), and spent everything they had on weed.

Unfortunately things got worse and worse until they didn't pay rent ... one day I came home to find out they had been using bedside tables as ash-trays, bed soaked with urine, carpets and curtains ruined ... awesome ...

I'll never trust a pot-head ... we don't need this legalised in NZ.
    yea i new a alcoholic when i was young he would get up at 6am every day start watching tv with his cask of wine still be there when i got home from work with his cask of wine.

ill never trust a alcoholic, they should never have legalised alcohol
    one step ahead of the herd

The thing is you guys are arguing over weed/alcohol and what are the consequences of one or another. But it is not about the drug, it is always about the person. If somebody wants to be a deadbeat, they'll find the drug even if it's illegal. It's not like war on drugs was actually having any impact...

Logically I see no reason why weed should be illegal when alcohol is legal. The effects are similar, but alcohol is actually worse, because you can overdose and it's making a lot of people aggressive. On the other hand, weed makes people hungry and you can't overdose...

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    The thing is you guys are arguing over weed/alcohol and what are the consequences of one or another. But it is not about the drug, it is always about the person. If somebody wants to be a deadbeat, they'll find the drug even if it's illegal. It's not like war on drugs was actually having any impact...

Logically I see no reason why weed should be illegal when alcohol is legal. The effects are similar, but alcohol is actually worse, because you can overdose and it's making a lot of people aggressive. On the other hand, weed makes people hungry and you can't overdose...
    your right there both drugs and its the minority in both weed and alcohol that are the dead beats.

guess people like hodgie are ingrained in there attitudes but have very little understanding of facts. they were probably one of the ones who believed cigerettes were good for you when they first brought them out lol
    one step ahead of the herd