sharetrader
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

I must say I am somewhat perturbed that Sharesies don't show the depth (Seemingly you can pay them $10 a month to see it) and therefore funnel the noobs to blindly market buy things.

Probably fine for big stocks but for ones like this, the poor noobs will get owned.

SP dropped from $1.19 to $0.94 @ 10: 50am Noobs have already been owned early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Look at this screenshot. One large seller taking out the entire Sharesies order!

Only a large experienced trader would put through a quarter of a million dollars.

Traders are manipulating the Sharesies algo. You're not allowed to put orders onto the market for the sole purpose of manipulating other orders. They can control the price.

You do know about the Robinhood controversy right, the fact that they've been selling order flow information?
    Shorter!! Game

It sure is fun to watch!Buyers coming back now

this is a great stock , we love you sharesis
    one step ahead of the herd

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Look at this screenshot. One large seller taking out the entire Sharesies order!

Only a large experienced trader would put through a quarter of a million dollars.

Traders are manipulating the Sharesies algo. You're not allowed to put orders onto the market for the sole purpose of manipulating other orders. They can control the price.

You do know about the Robinhood controversy right, the fact that they've been selling order flow information?
    Yeap , looks like someone's playing sharsies. The sharsies algo, I don't see as the issue. It's being driven by the sharsies users... blind greed...

I do think the sharsies operators need to step in though. Its not particularly clever to have your customers behaving like lemmings.

Free market though. You can't blame the seller...
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 31-08-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Guru

I am not aware about the Robinhood controversy. But If sharesies have been selling order flow info that would be a travesty. I think they are a bit naive with their Algorythm. But if you are in their shoes, what would you do? You are getting multiple orders to purchase at market... if you just let them go at market you would still get the same price action. That said, others could not take advantage as they are obviously doing now. And the sharesies buyers that are always a few cents off the bid end up getting hit at a certain price that will most likely be too high. But then again if you are going to use sharesies as your broker in stocks that are not frequently traded, caveat emptor. Sharesies do offer limits. So you can always put in a limit buy and stop this nonsense.

How do we know it's sharesies that are actually the problem, and not NZX being unable to cope with the volume of trades on a single stock - not matching them to sellers quick enough and sticking them in a queue. Given all the delays and issues they've been having all year, i'd say that's very possible.

Orders appear to be pooling @ 86c, presumably the sharesies bid...again sitting 4-5c below the top bid

edit: finally got moved to the top

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    How do we know it's sharesies that are actually the problem, and not NZX being unable to cope with the volume of trades on a single stock - not matching them to sellers quick enough and sticking them in a queue. Given all the delays and issues they've been having all year, i'd say that's very possible.
    Its possible with the nzx been the cause.I can see why folk are bullish on the stock with the upcoming referendum but such volatility is seldom seen