sharetrader
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    Doesnt look like a pump to me.hope you didnt pay $1.00
    There is a huge sharesies bid accumulating again with people bidding over the top of it again. It seems to take time for the algo to move the sharesies bid but looks like it's building to me.

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    There is a huge sharesies bid accumulating again with people bidding over the top of it again. It seems to take time for the algo to move the sharesies bid but looks like it's building to me.
    its not a market order then because its to far back
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    There is no "market" on a stock like this.
    plenty of punters

That's what we've been talking about here for the last 10 pages.

You're like the sharesies algo - late again.
    I know...I was responding to someone who said it didn't look like a pump was building.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    its not a market order then because its to far back
    It takes the algo ages to move it up. I watched the same thing when the algo was sitting at 86c and the top bid was 91c, it took the algo about half an hour to move.

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    I know...I was responding to someone who said it didn't look like a pump was building.

It takes the algo ages to move it up. I watched the same thing when the algo was sitting at 86c and the top bid was 91c, it took the algo about half an hour to move.
    if its that slow , question them and ask for a refund. i do it all the time sometimes the broker comes to the party

Well today I learned that if you're quick, you can easily jump ahead of the Sharesies queue and get out while they are still moving up the bid. (In and out for 20% gain within 30 minutes of market open.)

Disorderly market though.
    To be honest I actually agree with you for once Ogg, sharesies algo needs to be reviewed this has happened twice now and it can’t just be a coincidence.

For the sake of their customers they should fix this so they don’t end up losing 1000s on false uptrends

Hey team,
    I'm new to this forum, but have been pesting around the market (admittedly with little depth until now) for a few years.
    I've been monitoring the movements on CBD as well as the accompanying commentary here and on the Sharesies FB page with great interest and have been trying to figure what's driving this (and BGI when it took off a few weeks back).

Do I understand correctly that Sharesies market bids can generally be identified by the disproportionate number of buyers & a relatively low average volume?
    For example:

When these market bids take a while to accumulate and execute, is it presenting opportunity for someone not on Sharesies to jump ahead of the pack and nudge up the price?

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/opioid-cri...165837992.html
    This is how the opioid can do to human.

An estimated 21-29% of patients who are prescribed opioids for chronic pain end up misusing them, according to NIDA, while 8-12% develop an opioid use disorder.
    Tens of millions of Americans became addicted to prescription opioids and tens of thousands died of overdoes in the two decades that followed. In recent years, the overdose crisis accelerated after synthetic opioids like fentanyl began flooding the U.S.
    ‘A lot of the problem has to do with regulation’

The pharmaceutical industry’s opportunism — enabled by the backing of politicians and federal regulators — along with the emerging medical consensus that opioids were highly effective for pain management, led to opioids taking hold in American society.
    We restrict the treatment and make it really difficult for people’

Ironically, regulation related to opioid addiction treatment in America is actually much more stringent than the policies and procedures that fueled the opioid crisis.
    There is a ton of red tape related to medication-assisted treatment (MAT), defined as “the use of FDA-approved medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies’ to treat substance use disorders.
    “Any doctor can write a prescription for opioids but to write prescriptions for people to get medication-assisted treatment, they have to have a special license,” Currie said. “Then the number of people they can treat is restricted. So we restrict the treatment and make it really difficult for people to get treatment once they’re addicted, and then we make it really easy for them to get addicted. And then we wonder why we have this big problem.”

Last edited by tomm; 31-08-2020 at 02:44 PM.

And this : From $30 to $5 .
    Zhiyuan Sun, The Motley Fool

Motley Fool29 August 2020

Stocks of Canadian weed growers have done nothing but disappoint investors this year. Given cheaper prices in the black market, oversupply lingering on shelves, demand falling below expectations, store closures from the effects of COVID-19, and mass inventory writedowns, many are wondering if the sector will ever recover.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...ck-to-buy-now/
    Last edited by tomm; 31-08-2020 at 03:16 PM.