sharetrader
Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    IMO

It is called weed for a good reason so no prob here with our great soils and climate. Companies here will have to find a niche, for example Hikurangi doing work on producing products from the roots as well, mixing with other therapeutic NZ native plant material, berries and manuka honey etc etc.

Kiwi medical cannabis company breaks crowdfunding record

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU19...ing-record.htm
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    Actually tomm, the climate in NZ is pretty bad for weed, because it is very susceptible to mold. Weed doesn't like rain at all, the best climate is something like Afghanistan, where there is no rain and a lot of sun, with artificial irrigation.

On the other hand, weed will not be grown outside, as the hydroponic growing produces superior product. This is still a problem for NZ, because the facilities will have to keep moisture levels in check and spend a lot of resources for artificial lighting.
    They're growing in the Salinas and San Joaquin valleys in the US for exactly the same reasons....

Canada has a 400 tonne cannabis pile as production exceeds demand. Current market price C$3.58 per gramme. Remember what happened to the NZ tomato industry.!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Canada has a 400 tonne cannabis pile as production exceeds demand. Current market price C$3.58 per gramme. Remember what happened to the NZ tomato industry.!
    lot people thought it would create a drug addition craze when they legalised it in canada , but it hasnt happened hence demand not meeting the expected supply levels initially thought.

in reality majority people try it and most never use again only small minority become drug addicted.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lot people thought it would create a drug addition craze when they legalised it in canada , but it hasnt happened hence demand not meeting the expected supply levels initially thought.

in reality majority people try it and most never use again only small minority become drug addicted.
    Many who use cannabis on the regular that I know, believe they are not addicted. They get quite angry when you say that they are addicted. I do believe in medicinal cannabis, not recreational cannabis. I have way too many friends/acquaintances who use it on the regular and their lives are not moving in a good direction. Quite similar to alcohol addiction. Only time will tell how recreational cannabis affects Canada in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    The article also mentioned the issue causing this - there is a shortage of shops with license to sell and no edibles are still allowed to be sold. So the people still buy from dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Many who use cannabis on the regular that I know, believe they are not addicted. They get quite angry when you say that they are addicted. I do believe in medicinal cannabis, not recreational cannabis. I have way too many friends/acquaintances who use it on the regular and their lives are not moving in a good direction. Quite similar to alcohol addiction. Only time will tell how recreational cannabis affects Canada in the long run.
    Most of regular alcohol users and cigarette smokers are deadbeats as well, doesn't mean there isn't a minority of casual high performance users.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    That maybe your experience but it is not correct. Alcohol is the killer and yet its legal ,sick sick sick. Cannabis is not addictive. I have friends acquaitances who smoke/vaporise it for recreation and creativity in a healthy balanced way and their lives are healthy and successful. People from all walks of life use it creatively and for R&R..Some people who have problems in their lives will resort to alcohol, cannabis, the poverty drug P etc in a form of attempted escapism. Maybe you could be helping all your friends to seek help to solve their life problems. Limiting alcohol quantities would be the winner here. And if one persons life is saved from using cannabis instead of synthetic thats a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    That maybe your experience but it is not correct. Alcohol is the killer and yet its legal ,sick sick sick. Cannabis is not addictive. I have friends acquaitances who smoke/vaporise it for recreation and creativity in a healthy balanced way and their lives are healthy and successful. People from all walks of life use it creatively and for R&R..Some people who have problems in their lives will resort to alcohol, cannabis, the poverty drug P etc in a form of attempted escapism. Maybe you could be helping all your friends to seek help to solve their life problems. Limiting alcohol quantities would be the winner here. And if one persons life is saved from using cannabis instead of synthetic thats a good thing.
    yep alcohol is far worse the evil in society and yet most people wouldnt blink a eye over someone swilling one back , yet puff on some weed and your a criminal lol

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I agree alcohol is far worse than any other drug on the planet. Coffee is also a drug and people drink it by the litres including me, I am addicted. I am working with a medical student at this moment who is studying the effects of cannabis on the human body and whether it has addictive personalities. She came to the conclusion smoking it recreationally is all good, but only up to roughly six to eight times per year, any more than that and you could be classed as addicted. Similar that when medical science tells us we should drink no more than 12-14 standard drinks per week in alcohol.

I do admit that my personal knowledge is only known from the people around me who use it that are suffering from it and not one is really enjoying their life. When the people vote I will not support legalising recreational cannabis only medicinal, otherwise why is cannabis classified as a drug.