sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default Cannasouth Research NZX Listing

    Anyone looking at Cannsouth? They plan to list on the NZX mid 2019.
    It looks to be the industry with big growth potential.

  2. #2
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    6,412

    Default

    As was reported in October last. Any further news?

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...listing-on-nzx

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Assuming the law is passed allowing people to poison me with 2nd hand psychotropic smoke... and i think it will... these should be worth more immediately after the law passing, due to sentiment.

    However, these companies are not well understood by investors, and businesses in this sector are often badly run in my experience (who'd have thought!). Additionally, anything to do with medical research carries risk (i.e. it may transpire after some completely unbiased research that a joint a day keeps the doctor away, but only a particular strain that isn't stocked by the cannabis company you invested in - sorry. Or even that it's not accepted by mainstream doctors - look at nzx.peb).

    Also, I expect these to be overpriced shares because of popularity from folk that don't know how to do a valuation but think that is a good investment and place a bid at the market price, whatever it is.

    I imagine they'll end up with not much institutional investment in the very long term because of this.

    On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride). It's even better when they ask the public to make decisions on whether or not to do something without informing them how it will be done (brexit). And great to know that all of the above happens because someone wants to get ahead politically, at any cost (Jacinda and cannabis), and that the system allows this (mmp coalitions). I already love that as a non smoker, when my neighbor smokes, he kindly shares that with me every time i leave my windows open. I can't wait to get into something as healthy as cannabis is going to be for me.

  4. #4
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    6,412

    Default

    Well, that seems to cover everything! No, I won't be investing either.


  5. #5
    Herbacious
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    278

    Default

    I think we're such a long way behind Aus and Canada on this that it's unlikely that any NZ company will make much headway.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Assuming the law is passed allowing people to poison me with 2nd hand psychotropic smoke... and i think it will... these should be worth more immediately after the law passing, due to sentiment.

    However, these companies are not well understood by investors, and businesses in this sector are often badly run in my experience (who'd have thought!). Additionally, anything to do with medical research carries risk (i.e. it may transpire after some completely unbiased research that a joint a day keeps the doctor away, but only a particular strain that isn't stocked by the cannabis company you invested in - sorry. Or even that it's not accepted by mainstream doctors - look at nzx.peb).

    Also, I expect these to be overpriced shares because of popularity from folk that don't know how to do a valuation but think that is a good investment and place a bid at the market price, whatever it is.

    I imagine they'll end up with not much institutional investment in the very long term because of this.

    On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride). It's even better when they ask the public to make decisions on whether or not to do something without informing them how it will be done (brexit). And great to know that all of the above happens because someone wants to get ahead politically, at any cost (Jacinda and cannabis), and that the system allows this (mmp coalitions). I already love that as a non smoker, when my neighbor smokes, he kindly shares that with me every time i leave my windows open. I can't wait to get into something as healthy as cannabis is going to be for me.
    Pretty pessimistic reading here.

    I think you will find there is more than enough scientific evidence relating to the benefits of marijuana, and smoking it isn't the only option.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...listing-on-nzx

    Freudian slip or subliminal programming?

    "Cannasouth is likely to benefit from the enthusiasm surrounding fund raising for such ventures, and the backing of former Federated Farmers chief executive, Conor English, who will soon joint the board."

  8. #8
    Guru peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    former Federated Farmers chief executive, Conor English, who will soon joint the board."
    Board room hot box!
    This meeting might take a while..... and not too sure how many decisions will be made apart from ordering the pizza
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  9. #9
    Anonymous idiot Onion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Podcast from Darcy Ungaro with guests Mark Lucas and Nic Foreman of Cannasouth. This was released on 21 Jan 21019 but I think it was recorded last year.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

    i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.
    bull

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    232

    Default

    This is quite an interesting article,seems some of the interested companies might not be up to scratch management wise,with one particular company being "perceived as not operating in the best interest of shareholders"

    https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...-lawsuits.aspx

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Are we going to have more problems in the future....

    https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...bis-the-facts/

  13. #13
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

    i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.
    Yes i like this set up too.
    And like most things,used in moderation is just another recreational, creative pastime unlike Tobacco which insanely is legal still.
    A problem is you can go to work the next day after a heavy drinking session but THC stays in your fatty tissue for some time long after the "high" has gone so how do you regulate say a bus driver who smoked a joint or vaporised a small bud the night before to relax after a long intense day at work.? Maybe they will get better testing which can indicate how recently you were partaking.

  14. #14
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes i like this set up too.
    And like most things,used in moderation is just another recreational, creative pastime unlike Tobacco which insanely is legal still.
    A problem is you can go to work the next day after a heavy drinking session but THC stays in your fatty tissue for some time long after the "high" has gone so how do you regulate say a bus driver who smoked a joint or vaporised a small bud the night before to relax after a long intense day at work.? Maybe they will get better testing which can indicate how recently you were partaking.
    some jobs will always need to be drug free, when you undertake a job it may be a requirement of that job that you are drug free. really its no different to now so those people will just stick to there alcohol i guess if thats there desire.
    bull

  15. #15
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Cannabis Smoking Associated With Higher Sperm Count, Study Finds

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-06/cannabis-smoking-associated-with-higher-sperm-count-study-finds?srnd=premium-asia
    bull

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •