sharetrader
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

This is quite an interesting article,seems some of the interested companies might not be up to scratch management wise,with one particular company being "perceived as not operating in the best interest of shareholders"

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...-lawsuits.aspx

Are we going to have more problems in the future....

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...bis-the-facts/

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.
    Yes i like this set up too.
    And like most things,used in moderation is just another recreational, creative pastime unlike Tobacco which insanely is legal still.
    A problem is you can go to work the next day after a heavy drinking session but THC stays in your fatty tissue for some time long after the "high" has gone so how do you regulate say a bus driver who smoked a joint or vaporised a small bud the night before to relax after a long intense day at work.? Maybe they will get better testing which can indicate how recently you were partaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes i like this set up too.
    And like most things,used in moderation is just another recreational, creative pastime unlike Tobacco which insanely is legal still.
    A problem is you can go to work the next day after a heavy drinking session but THC stays in your fatty tissue for some time long after the "high" has gone so how do you regulate say a bus driver who smoked a joint or vaporised a small bud the night before to relax after a long intense day at work.? Maybe they will get better testing which can indicate how recently you were partaking.
    some jobs will always need to be drug free, when you undertake a job it may be a requirement of that job that you are drug free. really its no different to now so those people will just stick to there alcohol i guess if thats there desire.
    one step ahead of the herd

Cannabis Smoking Associated With Higher Sperm Count, Study Finds

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-06/cannabis-smoking-associated-with-higher-sperm-count-study-finds?srnd=premium-asia

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride).
    It’s not necessary to be an expert on fluoride to have an informed opinion because experts write articles and books as well as do NZ public lecture tours to educate the public. There is also wealth of information on the internet for those who wish to be more knowledgeable. Most of those speaking out against fluoride are informed and concerned because fluoride is a highly toxic chemical and it has detrimental effects on some people’s health.
    https://fluoridefree.org.nz/about/

It's not necessary to be an expert to have an opinion, and its not necessary to be an expert to vote. This is my problem; not whether fluoride is good or bad.

Its a scientific matter, average joe (including myself) doesnt have access or the time to investigate sources of data, backgrounds of funding, full detailed reports rather than scientific journalism (which is usually inaccurate), and doesnt have the awareness or correct approach of how to make these decisions (ie its bad for you but also good for you, x people may experience problems but y people get benefits. decisons on vaccines are done this way - 3 people will die but 4million wont get xxx disease).

I too have an opinion on fluoride (which has a 50% chance to be wrong), but think the public should only be engaged when a matter of pure opinion/ desire is involved, and one largely without an ethical challenge if possible. People shouldnt be voting on which science they believe. If thats unclear, commission more research. If science was based on polls, marketing and involved the average joe (who is usually an idiot), e=mc2 could be e=mc3

IMO

Cannabis Smoking Associated With Higher Sperm Count, Study Finds

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia
    Interesting although inconclusive read, The weed companies will be keen to add another "benefit" and reason to legalise it.Fine by me.

He said: "As the authors point out, men with higher sperm concentrations are likely to have more testosterone in their bodies and thus may be more likely to smoke marijuana because simply they are willing to take more risks.
    "In conclusion, I am not convinced that this paper moves us any further forward in this debate.
    "Moreover, nor does it give support to any apparent fertility benefits of smoking marijuana.
    "In my opinion, this should be avoided at all costs in any couples trying to start a family."

nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.
    I tend to agree, what commercial advantage would any of these companies have over the incumbant large producers? I feel is going to be another hyped ag industry which will leave a small amount of people in the $$$ (mostly taken from investors) and a whole lot burned.

As an aside, there is a few farmers in South Canterbury looking into incorporating hemp as a rotation crop. NZyarn have got the gear on order to process and spin the fibre

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    I tend to agree, what commercial advantage would any of these companies have over the incumbant large producers? I feel is going to be another hyped ag industry which will leave a small amount of people in the $$$ (mostly taken from investors) and a whole lot burned.

As an aside, there is a few farmers in South Canterbury looking into incorporating hemp as a rotation crop. NZyarn have got the gear on order to process and spin the fibre
    plenty of opp's in hemp for farmers , horticulturists as for weed i bet there are some good weed growers up north. shane jones could use some of his money to get the bros of the couch and grow weed for the govt to sell