sharetrader
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Someone asked me about investing in this industry. I think its a good case of the old addage "sell the shovels to the miners"..... ASX:HRL gold star to the one that figures out the connection..... P.S. is there a 'Monsanto' equalivent for cannabis? That'd be a better punt.
    Horizon's Marijuana Fund (HMMJ.TSX) performed well for me, but they're a Canadian outfit. Nicely diversified acrid the North American industry.

I sold out about a year ago, but in 18 months before that they'd gone from CAD9 to CAD22. Think they're about CAD17 now.

IMO

Some of us did well on the" Medicinal Marijuana " ASX thread started in 2016.Paid to be in early tho (and out too ,for most).
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-07-2019 at 05:12 PM.

.......interesting research on the National Programme this morning. Purely as an Analgesic, medical marijuana rated as giving very little (if any) benefit. 23 out of 24 participants suffering from chronic pain experienced less than 30% improvement in pain symptoms. I'll stick with the Tramadol I think.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .......interesting research on the National Programme this morning. Purely as an Analgesic, medical marijuana rated as giving very little (if any) benefit. 23 out of 24 participants suffering from chronic pain experienced less than 30% improvement in pain symptoms. I'll stick with the Tramadol I think.
    think it depends on the strain of weed you use. just like pills they are developed for different illness.

Today, chronic pain affects more people than cancer, heart disease, and diabetes combined. Chronic pain is the most common cause of long-term disability in the United States.

The researchers found that participants preferred indica strains for pain management, sedation, and sleep while they would opt for sativa
    strains to improve energy and mood

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322051.php
    one step ahead of the herd

Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

It’s not the only nation rethinking cannabis. Malaysia and Laos are considering legalizing medical use of the crop, and the Philippines’ lower legislature has passed a medical cannabis measure

wow NZ better hurry the world is moving into this space
    one step ahead of the herd

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/data-rev...asouth-sellers

Those who got their shares at pre-IPO bailing out.

Thanks for coming, mugs!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/data-rev...asouth-sellers

Those who got their shares at pre-IPO bailing out.

Thanks for coming, mugs!
    Surprising the buying support helping these scumbags unload their pre-ipo shares at multiple bag gains.

Sigh, is this what share investing in NZ new ipo’s has devolved to? Disgraceful, NZX has become a willing vehicle for the clever and informed to get rich at the advantage of the ill informed and inexperienced.

No product, no revenue, no profit … just a cool story dressed up in a promotional prospectus (even with all the ‘you could lose all your money caveats’) sucking in the inexperienced, filling the coffers of the very experienced.

It’s like NZX is trying to move on the VC market? I disagree with Snowy, because the investors this type of listing appeals to are mainly those who have none of the skills required to figure out whether it will ever make them some money!

Guru

Really takes me back to the 80's?
    All those oil companies listing and their wells were all going to be good ones

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Aaron Craig is a pretty reliable guy and appears to do well whatever he turns to.

Hence a positive announcement.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”