sharetrader
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 226
  1. #151
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irresident
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Someone asked me about investing in this industry. I think its a good case of the old addage "sell the shovels to the miners"..... ASX:HRL gold star to the one that figures out the connection..... P.S. is there a 'Monsanto' equalivent for cannabis? That'd be a better punt.
    Horizon's Marijuana Fund (HMMJ.TSX) performed well for me, but they're a Canadian outfit. Nicely diversified acrid the North American industry.

    I sold out about a year ago, but in 18 months before that they'd gone from CAD9 to CAD22. Think they're about CAD17 now.

  2. #152
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    7,920

    Default

    Some of us did well on the" Medicinal Marijuana " ASX thread started in 2016.Paid to be in early tho (and out too ,for most).
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-07-2019 at 04:12 PM.

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    .......interesting research on the National Programme this morning. Purely as an Analgesic, medical marijuana rated as giving very little (if any) benefit. 23 out of 24 participants suffering from chronic pain experienced less than 30% improvement in pain symptoms. I'll stick with the Tramadol I think.
    Have a Gr8day.

  4. #154
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .......interesting research on the National Programme this morning. Purely as an Analgesic, medical marijuana rated as giving very little (if any) benefit. 23 out of 24 participants suffering from chronic pain experienced less than 30% improvement in pain symptoms. I'll stick with the Tramadol I think.
    think it depends on the strain of weed you use. just like pills they are developed for different illness.

    Today, chronic pain affects more people than cancer, heart disease, and diabetes combined. Chronic pain is the most common cause of long-term disability in the United States.

    The researchers found that participants preferred indica strains for pain management, sedation, and sleep while they would opt for sativa
    strains to improve energy and mood

    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322051.php
    bull

  5. #155
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,064

    Default

    Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis


    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

    It’s not the only nation rethinking cannabis. Malaysia and Laos are considering legalizing medical use of the crop, and the Philippines’ lower legislature has passed a medical cannabis measure

    wow NZ better hurry the world is moving into this space
    bull

  6. #156
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/data-rev...asouth-sellers

    Those who got their shares at pre-IPO bailing out.

    Thanks for coming, mugs!

  7. #157
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/data-rev...asouth-sellers

    Those who got their shares at pre-IPO bailing out.

    Thanks for coming, mugs!
    Surprising the buying support helping these scumbags unload their pre-ipo shares at multiple bag gains.

    Sigh, is this what share investing in NZ new ipo’s has devolved to? Disgraceful, NZX has become a willing vehicle for the clever and informed to get rich at the advantage of the ill informed and inexperienced.

    No product, no revenue, no profit … just a cool story dressed up in a promotional prospectus (even with all the ‘you could lose all your money caveats’) sucking in the inexperienced, filling the coffers of the very experienced.

    It’s like NZX is trying to move on the VC market? I disagree with Snowy, because the investors this type of listing appeals to are mainly those who have none of the skills required to figure out whether it will ever make them some money!

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Really takes me back to the 80's?
    All those oil companies listing and their wells were all going to be good ones

  9. #159
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    26

  10. #160
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Aaron Craig is a pretty reliable guy and appears to do well whatever he turns to.

    Hence a positive announcement.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  11. #161
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Aaron Craig is a pretty reliable guy and appears to do well whatever he turns to.

    Hence a positive announcement.
    I feel like I have to defend CBD. Take it from me these guys are first class humans with ideals and a passion for developing this exciting and as yet unproven industry. For those that have been knockers and only a view for a quick buck you are entitled to your view, but it is misplaced. Who knows how it will turn out but we do know it is a growing industry worldwide and almost certain solutions will be found to get medical marijuana to market. For investors in the case of CBD it is all timing of entry. Those who participated in the IPO may be feeling a bit hollow at present but only time will tell if holding on for the long haul is the correct decision. Don't forget the float at 50c provided CBD with initial funds to get on with their research. Below is a recent item from their website which is worthy of reading.
    Disc not held.
    https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/2019/wa...cannabis-wave/
    Last edited by kiwitrev; 20-08-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: more info.

  12. #162
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    I feel like I have to defend CBD. Take it from me these guys are first class humans with ideals and a passion for developing this exciting and as yet unproven industry. For those that have been knockers and only a view for a quick buck you are entitled to your view, but it is misplaced. /[/url]
    'First class' humans who couldn't care a hoot about corporate morality and integrity?

    In the same category as Snakk's Derek Handley - out to save himself (sorry, the world - his material world).
    Last edited by Balance; 20-08-2019 at 08:22 AM.

  13. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    'First class' humans who couldn't care a hoot about corporate morality and integrity?

    In the same category as Snakk's Derek Handley - out to save himself (sorry, the world - his world).
    Buying into the IPO was voluntary, individuals did so with the knowledge CBD had no product, no trading history and were in early development/trial stage and should have been obvious to all if CBD was to be a success it was going to take time. You sound like you were one of those looking for a quick buck,but of course I don't know if that's so. It's called investing, not speculating.

  14. #164
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Buying into the IPO was voluntary, individuals did so with the knowledge CBD had no product, no trading history and were in early development/trial stage and should have been obvious to all if CBD was to be a success it was going to take time. You sound like you were one of those looking for a quick buck,but of course I don't know if that's so. It's called investing, not speculating.
    Quick buck?

    You got that one BANG ON - just apply it to the backdoor merchants & the Derek Handley copy cats.

    We do not need apologists for their type of behavior - but you are welcome to uphold their highly questionable corporate 'integrity & morality' - will not blame you as their snake & canna oil must be rather intoxicating?
    Last edited by Balance; 20-08-2019 at 09:09 AM.

  15. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    32

    Default

    [QUOTE=kiwitrev;768676]I feel like I have to defend CBD. Take it from me these guys are first class humans with ideals and a passion for developing this exciting and as yet unproven industry

    You been smoking the good stuff mate? The promoters of the IPO should be locked up....classic pump and dump type dealing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •