sharetrader
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Correct it is out there - but will more people take it up because it is legal? Likely yes. So just because haven't controlled it then we should legalise it? So is meth and cocaine and ecstasy "out there"? Should we legalise them?
    End of the day, is it harmful? And if so why would we want to legalise something (else) that is harmful. Realise smoking, drinking and plenty of other things are harmful and legal.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/11/191113153049.htm

Also Peetter, you don't know me at all or my experiences. Don't jump to conclusions about me from one post, wanting to ban "fun" activities, or trying to cast me as the fun police. Play the ball not the man.
    From the countries that legalized or decriminalized drugs, there is no indication the drug use increased.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    From the countries that legalized or decriminalized drugs, there is no indication the drug use increased.
    Really? You don't think drug use inceased in Colorado?

IMO

Here we go again the volcano losing it making assumptions and accusations. You drink too much, like that mud do you? Seriously how can you hold any positions of responsibility losing it and dumping all the time. get a grip and debate.Breathe and keep off the booze ehh nah just joking(hint,hint)

"Depression and other mental health issues are not life choices. " i agree with that. See above some causes of. broaden your mind to other views, experiences . Drugs imo do not cause them they are there already,( the mental health issues), see above. Luckily this govt is spending massive amounts of money on improving mental health.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 28-11-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Every time I call you out on what I see as being either a disrespectful or uneducated view on something, you go off like a volcano, casting aspersions about my character. Yes, I did lose my cool the other day about your derogatory views on rest home carers, but I already apologised for that. My post below was calm and reasoned. Certainly not “volcanically explosive.”

For your information, I seldom drink. I might have one drink a month across a year. Probably less. My uncle was an alcoholic and my childhood memories of him probably influenced my decision not to drink much. I can take it or leave it.

I also, have never done drugs. Not even weed. I had/have no desire or need to. I don’t need alcohol or drugs to live a happy, fulfilled life.

If you need weed to enjoy your life, that’s your choice. I actually don’t care what you do in the confines of your own home, as long as you are not smoking weed while caring for children. I do however object to you driving or doing anything else under the influence, that could potentially harm another person or their property.

You say you want to debate, but your ideas and opinions on the subject are clearly fixed in place. You are not really debating the subject any more than I am, so your comments are just a tad hypocritical.

I have no idea how old you are - feel free to tell me if you are happy to - but I’ve been on this planet for a few years now, and nothing I have seen or read with regards to legalising marijuana has managed to convince me that this is something we need. I do, however, support legalising it for medicinal purposes only (with strict regulations.controls in place).

Have a happy day.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Here we go again the volcano losing it making assumptions and accusations. You drink too much, like that mud do you? Seriously how can you hold any positions of responsibility losing it and dumping all the time. get a grip and debate.Breathe and keep off the booze ehh nah just joking(hint,hint)

"Depression and other mental health issues are not life choices. " i agree with that. See above some causes of. broaden your mind to other views, experiences . Drugs imo do not cause them they are there already,( the mental health issues), see above. Luckily this govt is spending massive amounts of money on improving mental health.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 28-11-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Guru

Problem use has increased - look at the link/study.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Problem use has increased - look at the link/study.
    Your link provides study based on voluntary disclosure before and after legalization. This offers huge margin of error. Try investigating more on Portugal, where they have decriminalized drugs in 2001. There are some negatives, but also huge positives...

There are plenty of research results out there that show potential negative effects of smoking weed. This article is from The Globe, but is reporting the outcomes of various research studies done, including a NZ study.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ticle21127612/
    Last edited by justakiwi; 28-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    There are plenty of research results out there that show potential negative effects of smoking weed. This article is from The Globe, but is reporting the outcomes of various research studies done, including a NZ study.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ticle21127612/
    This is the same for alcohol, cigarettes. At least with legalization and regulation you have a measure of control over who can buy it. Do you think that local drug dealer really cares if he sells something to 11 year old? Probably less than certified shop owner.

Look there is no reason to continue this discussion. You will never change the opinion, because you are not open to new arguments and dead set on your "truth". As you stated you never even experienced weed. You can have opinion on it, but it is not fully informed as long as you refuse to try it.

I for example drink probably less than you, never smoked and tried weed only handful times. I generally think anyone, who regularly needs mind altering substance to have fun is weak. Yet I have an open mind and let live as long as they don't try to force me into it.

I am also a big supporter of Darwinism, so if drugs can eliminate the weak from the gene pool, I am all for it.

By your argument, nobody can have an opinion on heroin, P or Flakka either, unless they’re willing to try it.

You can have opinion on it, but it is not fully informed as long as you refuse to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    By your argument, nobody can have an opinion on heroin, P or Flakka either, unless they’re willing to try it.
    I said you can have opinion...