sharetrader
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 226
  1. #31
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,557

    Default

    I’ll put some punting money into this ..bit boring now WINX.AU has been delisted

    Quite a few from big end of town already shareholders (didn’t see percy’s Name amongst them though)

    Chair Tony Ho did OK out of running a seeds business and we’ll forgive him for being involved in Trutest
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  2. #32
    Senior Member silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    No revenue, no products, perfect what could possibly go wrong. I'm in for flutter if I can get some.
    They do have a product pipeline, but no idea how quick they will be offering these products
    https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/what-we-do/products/

  3. #33
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    They do have a product pipeline, but no idea how quick they will be offering these products
    https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/what-we-do/products/
    Yes, funny how the products page says “what we do” but all of the ‘products’ say “what we will do”. When?

    Maybe this could be a PEB, all science and no sales? 🤔

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default

    This doesn't seem justifiable as an investment, does it?

    Firstly, the company requires some further regulatory change to be able to fully operationalise the fruits of its research. So if the regulatory change doesn't come, or come in a timely fashion, it's basically worthless.

    However, if the regulatory change does come through, then what prevents its overseas competitors from exporting into NZ and beating Cannasouth at its own game, as other posters have already said? I was in LA recently and a lot of mainstream pharmacies had CBD sections for example, so there are obviously loads of companies overseas that have a jump on Cannasouth.

    Things might be different if Cannasouth had some unique technology protected by patent or similar that it could take global but it doesn't sound like they have much (any?) of that. I note that the PDS talked about NZ being clean, green, pristine and all that but at the end of the day I don't see that making a huge difference...
    Last edited by Airw0lf; 19-05-2019 at 02:27 PM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    This doesn't seem justifiable as an investment, does it?

    Firstly, the company requires some further regulatory change to be able to fully operationalise the fruits of its research. So if the regulatory change doesn't come, or come in a timely fashion, it's basically worthless.

    However, if the regulatory change does come through, then what prevents its overseas competitors from exporting into NZ and beating Cannasouth at its own game, as other posters have already said? I was in LA recently and a lot of mainstream pharmacies had CBD sections for example, so there are obviously loads of companies overseas that have a jump on Cannasouth.

    Things might be different if Cannasouth had some unique technology protected by patent or similar that it could take global but it doesn't sound like they have much (any?) of that. I note that the PDS talked about NZ being clean, green, pristine and all that but at the end of the day I don't see that making a huge difference...
    Actually for medical cannabis use has been passed into law and the current hold up is having a proper scheme in place which will be this year from what I have read.

    "The passing of the Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act late last year requires a medicinal cannabis scheme to be place. The Government has agreed to a 12-month horizon to get this work done. This will allow New Zealand companies like ours to manufacture medicinal cannabis products for both local and international markets."

    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE190...e-priority.htm


    "The Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act has been passed and is in effect but the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme is not yet in place. The quality requirements of the scheme will be developed and consulted on in 2019........We anticipate these regulations to be made by the end of 2019."

    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...-and-producers

    The Government has signalled its intent to improve access to medicinal cannabis products for patients through the establishment of a Medicinal Cannabis Scheme. One of the proposals is to extend the current licensing regime to cover cultivation and manufacture of medicinal cannabis in New Zealand for commercial purposes.

    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...nabis-products
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 19-05-2019 at 03:03 PM.

  6. #36
    Senior Member silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yes, funny how the products page says “what we do” but all of the ‘products’ say “what we will do”. When?

    Maybe this could be a PEB, all science and no sales? 樂
    Yeah I do agree it has a PEB like substance towards it. Could spend too much time and money developing the product and when the product is developed they would need to sell it in a crowded market place. Until they have a proper timeline and plan of sale, then I don't have an appetite for such an investment, unless the valuation was cheap enough to justify the risk, which currently doesn't appear so.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 19-05-2019 at 03:08 PM.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Actually for medical cannabis use has been passed into law and the current hold up is having a proper scheme in place which will be this year from what I have read.

    "The passing of the Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act late last year requires a medicinal cannabis scheme to be place. The Government has agreed to a 12-month horizon to get this work done. This will allow New Zealand companies like ours to manufacture medicinal cannabis products for both local and international markets."

    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE190...e-priority.htm


    "The Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act has been passed and is in effect but the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme is not yet in place. The quality requirements of the scheme will be developed and consulted on in 2019........We anticipate these regulations to be made by the end of 2019."

    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...-and-producers

    The Government has signalled its intent to improve access to medicinal cannabis products for patients through the establishment of a Medicinal Cannabis Scheme. One of the proposals is to extend the current licensing regime to cover cultivation and manufacture of medicinal cannabis in New Zealand for commercial purposes.

    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...nabis-products
    Thank you for the clarification, I think I had my understanding nearly correct in that I knew some kind of further regulations were intended to be developed - i.e., the medicinal cannabis scheme. However, from what I know of how government works, end of 2019 for regulations to be developed might become end of 2020?

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    880

    Default

    I think the way to make money on this one is to buy at the right price (obviously) then sell during all the strong feelings when the referendum happens in 2020, before the results... or hold if you're confident it's going to pass.

    I don't know about the latter, but there will definitely be a lot of exposure / advertising of these stocks at that time, that will likely push the price up.

    I won't be joining in.

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    New Zealand’s first weed IPO launches today. Should you buy in?

    https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/27...ld-you-buy-in/
    bull

  10. #40
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Different thinking
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    New Zealand’s first weed IPO launches today. Should you buy in?
    https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/27...ld-you-buy-in/
    Easy decision for me.....NO.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    371

    Default

    At least this should create some interesting banter between the bulls and the bears

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Going to put some into this, might end up with a good high in green or left with just sinking red eyes

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    426

    Default

    From the PDS, Cannasouth will have an implied market capitalisation post IPO of $46m - $51m yet has no revenue or even products?!?

    The lucky wholesale investors who invested in August stand to make a 6.4x return in 9 months! While the poor investors who waited a month, stand only to make a 2x return in 8 months....!

    Summary of Capital Raising Initiatives and Commercial Milestones

    • in August 2018, Cannasouth undertook its first external capital raising where
    it raised $1.2 million at a pre-investment valuation of $5 million from several
    “wholesale investors” (as that term is defined in the Financial Markets Conduct
    Act); and

    • in October 2018, Cannasouth undertook its second external capital raising,
    where it raised $2.5 million at a pre-investment valuation of $18 million from
    approximately 38 “wholesale investors” (as that term is defined in the Financial
    Markets Conduct Act).
    Madness
    Last edited by Jaa; 29-05-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Edited after SilverBlizard's comment below.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    371

    Default

    It used to be tulips.... now its dope.....

  15. #45
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    From the PDS, Cannasouth will have an implied market capitalisation post IPO of $46m - $51m yet has no revenue or even products?!?

    The lucky wholesale investors who invested in August stand to make a 10x return in 9 months! While the poor investors who waited a month, stand only to make a 2.7x return in 8 months....!



    Madness
    Not madness at all, ask yourself why the wholesale (early) investors agreed to IPO? Surely not to get rich(er)? either way they win, by selling into the post IPO euphoria or by holding shares that are are 10 baggers.

    Sort of like private equity floats, or back door promoters, they expect pretty much instant returns of 10x+ multiples and it's the dumb f*ck punters who fund it.

    And you're right, no product, no revenue and they're a biotech research company. May never be any products, let alone whether any one wants to buy them if they do have products.

    And for that reason, I'm out.

    Edit: or the ability for production at scale, sales, marketing, distribution ... so many unknowns.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 29-05-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •