sharetrader
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Muzzled beagle ???

Attachment 10304
    No muzzle would fit this Beagle They either forgot or didn't think it would be effective, should have gone to spec savers and / or conferred with STMOD for muzzle design

Replacement 2019 car is back in the kennel. I suppose theoretically an upgrade of sorts from a December 2018 one in terms of resale down the track as I am told all people look at in terms of age at trade-in or sale time is the year. I demanded and eventually received a 5 year 100,000 km factory warranty instead of Holden's standard 3 year one. Kid gloves are on, so too speak, and we will see how long this one lasts... They're a pretty handy bit of kit (as long as the engine goes properly).
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No muzzle would fit this Beagle They either forgot or didn't think it would be effective, should have gone to spec savers and / or conferred with STMOD for muzzle design

Replacement 2019 car is back in the kennel. I suppose theoretically an upgrade of sorts from a December 2018 one in terms of resale down the track as I am told all people look at in terms of age at trade-in or sale time is the year so 2019 is clearly slightly better than 2018. I demanded and eventually received a 5 year 100,000 km factory warranty instead of Holden's standard 3 year one. Kid gloves are on, so too speak, and we will see how long this one lasts... They're a pretty handy bit of kit (as long as the engine goes properly).
    No muzzle - excellent,

Now time to step back and breath. Go, crack open a bottle of the creamy stuff. Savour its luscious tastes and start to soak up the beauty of a nice new vehicle sitting there, just waiting for the next time you take it out. Pull out the User manual and internet reviews over the evening and plan a trip for tomorrow.

All will turn good in your world

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No muzzle - excellent,

Now time to step back and breath. Go, crack open a bottle of the creamy stuff. Savour its luscious tastes and start to soak up the beauty of a nice new vehicle sitting there, just waiting for the next time you take it out. Pull out the User manual and internet reviews over the evening and plan a trip for tomorrow.

All will turn good in your world
    Thanks mm...best advice I have read in ages, cheers. Speaking of milky things I see our Synlait have finally started to make some sort of appearances at the milk party to cheer me up too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2019 at 02:56 PM.

so they abandoned the confidentiality contract ?
    yeh dont be down Beagle, go for a spin and give it heaps

which got me thinking, about how warranties and excessively hard driving work out (not implying you were of course). As you say, with modern electronics they probably know the revs it hits but at what point does it become excessive. Are you allowed to redline it (after any running in period)?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Maybe they knew it was impossible to stop this dog barking lol
    Good question Peat. New Vehicle Break in, page 206 from the manual says
    "During the first 1,000 of driving use moderate acceleration, do not make full throttle starts and do not drive at any one constant speed. Do not brake unnecessarily hard for the first few journeys. It then goes on to talk about other aspects of a new car including odors may be present at first from the protective wax on the exhaust system evaporating off e.t.c. e.t.c
    I am quite sure they downloaded the data from the ecu from my original car and had a good look at my driving habits before agreeing to a replacement vehicle.

Nothing wrong with redlining it from time to time but not in the first 1000 km's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2019 at 03:55 PM.