sharetrader
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 166 to 172 of 172
  1. #166
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Even more HUGE amount of car when you get it for $33500!!
    Dealer's boss was pretty pi$$ed ..wouldn't acknowledge us when we went back after we walked out when they wouldn't accept our offer.
    He rang five minutes later and accepted..
    Congrats. When they're almost rude to you, that's when you know you got a really good deal. I presume that included a new windscreen ?
    Hope so for your sake as I hear the windscreen on some cars now includes sensors for the adaptive cruise control built in and are heinously expensive to replace.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  2. #167
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Do you know what happened to your "original" one Mr beagle.
    Did they replace the engine and resell it as new??
    They replaced with a new engine. My Calais V is in a very popular and hard to get Rioja Red which is really just a fancy name for metallic burgundy. They resold it within 2 days of the new engine being fitted, apparently because of the popularity of that colour. They told me they informed the customer what had happened and I guess the new owner got a deal because of the slightly chequered history.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  3. #168
    Go The Warriors "This Year!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Congrats. When they're almost rude to you, that's when you know you got a really good deal. I presume that included a new windscreen ?
    Hope so for your sake as I hear the windscreen on some cars now includes sensors for the adaptive cruise control built in and are heinously expensive to replace.
    Yep includes getting the windscreen sorted.
    Probably pick it up in a couple of weeks.. then a nice long road trip back to Auckland!

  4. #169
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Yep includes getting the windscreen sorted.
    Probably pick it up in a couple of weeks.. then a nice long road trip back to Auckland!
    Really awesome result Benny, congrats again. Massive amount of car for the money and I am sure you'll really enjoy the road trip. Take the long way home and stop off for a couple of days skiing along the way is my suggestion. Enjoy My friend has had no drama's whatsoever with his V6 Stinger.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-09-2019 at 07:56 AM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  5. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They replaced with a new engine. My Calais V is in a very popular and hard to get Rioja Red which is really just a fancy name for metallic burgundy. They resold it within 2 days of the new engine being fitted, apparently because of the popularity of that colour. They told me they informed the customer what had happened and I guess the new owner got a deal because of the slightly chequered history.
    Thanks Beagle , interesting as you say maybe the next guy/girl got a good deal

  6. #171
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thanks Beagle , interesting as you say maybe the next guy/girl got a good deal
    Yes I would imagine they did. New engine does have a slight issue with the starter motor sometimes being a little bit slow to disengage and you get that nasty gear or gear sound as the starter motor gears grate against the flywheel gears for a tenth - quarter of a second or so after start-up. Could be a solenoid issue in the starter motor or weak return spring. Can't imagine mine is the first to have that issue and its something that needs to be sorted out at the first service due very shortly.
    Other than that its going 100%. I think most cars have at least one minor issue so the new one falls into the "normal" type issue whereas the previous one was a real standout for the wrong reason !

    Once in a blue moon you buy a car and everything works absolutely perfectly, (although these are usually boring as bat**** Japanese cars).
    I once had a high performance FPV F6 that was a real rocket and nothing ever went wrong with it...remembered fondly as the only time I have ever had a completely problem free high performance car. Naturally I regret selling it.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-09-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  7. #172
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/moto...cid=spartanntp

    Good on him. Had the real pleasure of a couple of hot laps around Hampton Downs in a supercharged Ford many years ago with Scott. Super nice guy and a superb driver.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •