sharetrader
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Even more HUGE amount of car when you get it for $33500!!
    Dealer's boss was pretty pi$$ed ..wouldn't acknowledge us when we went back after we walked out when they wouldn't accept our offer.
    He rang five minutes later and accepted..
    Congrats. When they're almost rude to you, that's when you know you got a really good deal. I presume that included a new windscreen ?
    Hope so for your sake as I hear the windscreen on some cars now includes sensors for the adaptive cruise control built in and are heinously expensive to replace.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Do you know what happened to your "original" one Mr beagle.
    Did they replace the engine and resell it as new??
    They replaced with a new engine. My Calais V is in a very popular and hard to get Rioja Red which is really just a fancy name for metallic burgundy. They resold it within 2 days of the new engine being fitted, apparently because of the popularity of that colour. They told me they informed the customer what had happened and I guess the new owner got a deal because of the slightly chequered history.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Congrats. When they're almost rude to you, that's when you know you got a really good deal. I presume that included a new windscreen ?
    Hope so for your sake as I hear the windscreen on some cars now includes sensors for the adaptive cruise control built in and are heinously expensive to replace.
    Yep includes getting the windscreen sorted.
    Probably pick it up in a couple of weeks.. then a nice long road trip back to Auckland!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Yep includes getting the windscreen sorted.
    Probably pick it up in a couple of weeks.. then a nice long road trip back to Auckland!
    Really awesome result Benny, congrats again. Massive amount of car for the money and I am sure you'll really enjoy the road trip. Take the long way home and stop off for a couple of days skiing along the way is my suggestion. Enjoy My friend has had no drama's whatsoever with his V6 Stinger.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-09-2019 at 07:56 AM.

They replaced with a new engine. My Calais V is in a very popular and hard to get Rioja Red which is really just a fancy name for metallic burgundy. They resold it within 2 days of the new engine being fitted, apparently because of the popularity of that colour. They told me they informed the customer what had happened and I guess the new owner got a deal because of the slightly chequered history.
    Thanks Beagle , interesting as you say maybe the next guy/girl got a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thanks Beagle , interesting as you say maybe the next guy/girl got a good deal
    Yes I would imagine they did. New engine does have a slight issue with the starter motor sometimes being a little bit slow to disengage and you get that nasty gear or gear sound as the starter motor gears grate against the flywheel gears for a tenth - quarter of a second or so after start-up. Could be a solenoid issue in the starter motor or weak return spring. Can't imagine mine is the first to have that issue and its something that needs to be sorted out at the first service due very shortly.
    Other than that its going 100%. I think most cars have at least one minor issue so the new one falls into the "normal" type issue whereas the previous one was a real standout for the wrong reason !

Once in a blue moon you buy a car and everything works absolutely perfectly, (although these are usually boring as bat**** Japanese cars).
    I once had a high performance FPV F6 that was a real rocket and nothing ever went wrong with it...remembered fondly as the only time I have ever had a completely problem free high performance car. Naturally I regret selling it.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-09-2019 at 04:53 PM.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/moto...cid=spartanntp

Good on him. Had the real pleasure of a couple of hot laps around Hampton Downs in a supercharged Ford many years ago with Scott. Super nice guy and a superb driver.

Apparently Megan Markle is just existing and quite unhappy. Poor thing, she has it so tough and life is so "harsh" https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/royal...oXr?li=BBr5KbJ
    Most of us can only dream of tabloid articles being the biggest problem in our lives...but if one wants to get a taste of this incredibly "tough" lifestyle, seeing as marrying into it seems to be out of the question now here's your chance. What's a quick $500K between friends, just take that out of pretty cash will you Darling... or just tap the kids trust account, I'm sure they won't mind
    https://www.driven.co.nz/news/news/i...luxurious-suv/
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-10-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Holding a candle for one of these at some stage. King of the road ?...you be the judge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsBUkm9vBs

M5 pretty hard core and with a price to match at $200K new.

This might be a better all round car for a lot less money https://www.caradvice.com.au/809887/...m550i-pricing/
    Hmmm

It looks bleak for the ZB Commodore now that the Buick Regal is about to die.

https://www.driven.co.nz/news/news/h...-discontinued/

Unless someone at Holden manages to convince NZ Police Procurement that an Astra or a Colorado is a suitable replacement - given that they managed to sell hundreds of ZB sedans to NZP that proved to be unsuitable for general patrol duties and had to walk back to a station wagon alternative, I wouldn't put this past them - then is it a Kia Stinger (rear headroom permitting) or a V6 Camry, or a Hybrid Camry or a Hyundai Sonata? Or more exotically Peugeot 508, VW Passat... or are we going to SUV or Double Cab ute police cars?

Kia Stinger has a very similar sloping roofline. Will be a shame if they're canned as by most objective reports they're a pretty good bit of kit for the money.

Rav4 Hybrid would actually be great . Cheap, basic, plenty of power, insane fuel economy, heaps of room

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Rav4 Hybrid would actually be great . Cheap, basic, plenty of power, insane fuel economy, heaps of room
    You're not alone with thinking that. Long waiting lists on both sides of the Tasman from what I read and hear.

You're not alone with thinking that. Long waiting lists on both sides of the Tasman from what I read and hear.
    Yeah I test drove one had a chance to get fast tracked through the wait list, but for a personal car the build quality and finish just wasn't what I expect. For a fleet / company car it would be absolutely perfect though.