sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Guru

True but the IRD would be dealing with the owner about the tax evasion and thus alert the the owner as to fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    True but the IRD would be dealing with the owner about the tax evasion and thus alert the the owner as to fraud.
    Been away and wished I had seen this earlier. IRD will just complicate the situation for the owner as a first port of call. They will come in after, if material and they often leave it alone unless directly highlighted to them. Get legal advice and consider you position first, this is important, I have been there when a director and fraud was committed by another director operating in another country, what your responsibilities are are likely to be broader than you appreciate.

Also get someone who is really good, a barrister with a sharp mind that has experience is this area. No one average..they cost yes.. but you own position has potential risk as you have mentioned. Not just as an employee but if this has wider public/client scope everyone in the organisation and what they knew will be considered in an investigation. I hope you are posting from a masked ISP address.

All the best..
    Last edited by Raz; 12-03-2019 at 09:31 PM.