sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Default Westland Dairy sale

I see that W D has accepted a sale offer from a Chinese company for $588 mil , can some smarter that I please post the link from todays Stuff web site.

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...-milk-for-588m

Just copy the URL and then paste in thread.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I see that W D has accepted a sale offer from a Chinese company for $588 mil , can some smarter that I please post the link from todays Stuff web site.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12214051

They are paying hell of a rich price for a company which is basically broke!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business

Guru

Are there any other N Z listed dairy companies out there.

Even though Balance has said that it is possible broke, this purchase is a game changer for W D as it opens access into China in a big way imo.

Are there any other N Z listed dairy companies out there.

Even though Balance has said that it is possible broke, this purchase is a game changer for W D as it opens access into China in a big way imo.
    Agree with you. That's why the Chinese bought it and why the farmer suppliers will support it.

But big risk for the Chinese as the farmers are not contractually bound to supply Westland as I understand the co-operative arrangements post the acquisition.

So the Chinese really do need to do a Synlait or Open Country Cheese, and pay more than Fonterra.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Agree with you. That's why the Chinese bought it and why the farmer suppliers will support it.

But big risk for the Chinese as the farmers are not contractually bound to supply Westland as I understand the co-operative arrangements post the acquisition.

So the Chinese really do need to do a Synlait or Open Country Cheese, and pay more than Fonterra.

W D farmers in the driving seat here as if the Chinese do not preform they will switch companies , Im picking that the new owners will pay a premium as they can from the retail side of the business where as Fonterra pays wholesale plus a share of its profit , approx. .50 / kg atm, interesting times at present for all parties.

W D farmers in the driving seat here as if the Chinese do not preform they will switch companies , Im picking that the new owners will pay a premium as they can from the retail side of the business where as Fonterra pays wholesale plus a share of its profit , approx. .50 / kg atm, interesting times at present for all parties.
    Time for the dairy industry to send a rocket up Fonterra's arse.

Is that the sunset I see in Fonterra?

Advanced Member

Great , Shane Jones will be getting our money back then .

Hmmm. So how much would the Chinese pay for SML if there was an opportunity