So, as I said before, that’s fine. You buy into companies that don’t pay dividends and leave the others for us then. Find investments that fit your brief, and if they don’t then don’t buy. I want dividends and DRIP right now, so won’t be buying into companies that don’t provide this. You can’t expect companies to change the way they operate just to suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
I'm hell bent where the whole investment industry is pretty much hell bent on dividend payment programs without regard of the direction of the company (if they look for expansion or not). It bothers me that there's a bias by NZ investors to expect a dividend payment regardless of the type of company they want to invest in. It's prevalent in the brochures of NZ brokerage firms, etc. I wish there was more to choose for companies that focus more on raising book value but as i've enquired with local investment advisers, they tell me there's not such funds that operate like Berkshire Hathaway. While people like myself that question why seem to get the silly "this is not Kansas attitude" by Snow Leopard's response.