sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gaynor does a lot of analysis of dubious investments and really highlights how unsuccessful the people conducting these have been

Castle is a stubborn and persistent individual, who has had little success on the NZX.
    Nevertheless, he keeps coming back with complicated transactions that are unlikely to be better than his previous ventures.

I often wonder why he does it because the in depth nature is usually not required to get to a point of dismissing any possibility of making an investment. Of course he gets paid for his writing I guess but still...
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Gaynor does a lot of analysis of dubious investments and really highlights how unsuccessful the people conducting these have been
    Castle is a stubborn and persistent individual, who has had little success on the NZX.
    Nevertheless, he keeps coming back with complicated transactions that are unlikely to be better than his previous ventures.

I often wonder why he does it because the in depth nature is usually not required to get to a point of dismissing any possibility of making an investment. Of course he gets paid for his writing I guess but still...
    I guess he has been around for a long time and has seen all of the various incarnations of those companies - best to cite examples, use history and do analysis before making a judgement. Otherwise might as well just read Facebook....

Perhaps also probably limited companies on the NZX to write about, and a bit of morbid fascination!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I guess he has been around for a long time and has seen all of the various incarnations of those companies - best to cite examples, use history and do analysis before making a judgement. Otherwise might as well just read Facebook....

Perhaps also probably limited companies on the NZX to write about, and a bit of morbid fascination!
    I emailed Chris yesterday. He seems pretty excited to be getting shares in the new iteration of the company. With a 4k:1 Share Price Consolidation.. He must be the only one. Only benefit from this for Shareholders is getting their funds to be liquid again. No actual gain. Absolutely no return from their investments... More a loss.. He will get a huge windfall from this tho.. I see he preempted the meeting tho. Price already changed. Make it seem like a great idea for anyone not paying attention. I also note this is the first we have heard of the Consolidation.. Unless I am mistaken.

You mean I don't suddenly have 600K shares that are now listed at $4.13?..............Only 150? :-)
    And. No. Don't ask why I've got any..........

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

For me I dont need a lot of reasons to not invest in something, I just need one. Detailed analysis stops then. So to use a phrase I heard recently there is no need to overegg the souffle.
    Complex corporate structure is often a dead give-away to a bad investment.

But I still really like to read Gaynors rather mundane dissections of disaster. Theres always something to learn and one must keep up with these 'various incarnations'

IMO

These fund and investment managers are just promoting themselves.Ive seen it for a long time. their message is "its just too risky and too hard for you mum and dad investors, its a mine field in fact.tick ,tick, tick.

"Hallo im wanting to put some funds in investments and like what Brian Gaynor, Brent Sheather, says, can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    These fund and investment managers are just promoting themselves.Ive seen it for a long time. their message is "its just too risky and too hard for you mum and dad investors, its a mine field in fact.tick ,tick, tick.

"Hallo im wanting to put some funds in investments and like what Brian Gaynor, Brent Sheather, says, can you help me?
    so are you saying Gaynor is a scaremonger so as to discourage investors from managing their own account and to use funds such as he runs?

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/355415

Yeah let's change the name......!

SMW- super Marino world?
    SMW - Swiss medical weekly?
    SMW - sheet metal worker?
    SMW - so much win?
    SMW - single malt whiskey?
    SMW - slit my wrists!

IMO

Scaremonger far too strong a word for it peat.

AOR will also be undertaking a 4138.489605 : 1 Share Consolidation.