sharetrader

Threaded View

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Wow. For your information I "reply with quote" 99% of the time. On occasions like this, where there are really only a couple of people "discussing" I don't bother, if my reply comes immediately after their post. which it did. Anyone with half a brain knew full well I was talking to CC. and by he way, the word "you" is not a "plural word." What rubbish. It can be used in both a singular or plural context as you well know.

As for your last statement - up you! You are now back on ignore where you clearly belong.
    I said you is a plural word. And it is. it is also a singular word.
    You have no idea if your post will be next to appear; although it often will. The point is someone reading posts out of interest should not have to refer to any previous entry - even if it is the relavent one. Furthermore, i had no idea what wow means. I thought it stood for the ridiculous world of wearable art, but that didn't seem to fit, so I looked it up.
    It seems it can serve as a noun, verb or simply an informal expression of excitement. All very flattering. I'm humbled.

exclamation
    expressing astonishment or admiration.
    "‘Wow!’ he cried enthusiastically"
    noun
    a sensational success.
    "your play's a wow"
    verb
    impress and excite (someone) greatly.
    "they wowed audiences on their recent British tour"
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 30-06-2021 at 11:35 AM.