sharetrader
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I started this thread a long time ago. My recent posts were not in any way asking for advice. I was simply providing an update on my own situation, to anyone who might be remotely interested.

Most people here are kind and supportive and I value their input - but there always has to be one or two people who seem hell bent on ruining a perfectly good thread/discussion.

If people are not interested in what I post, they can simply click on the next post. Nobody is forcing anyone to read my ****.

If they really despise me or struggle to understand what I'm "on about" they can add me to their ignore list.

Sometimes I really wonder why the hell I bother.
    I always do.

Legend

I started this thread a long time ago. My recent posts were not in any way asking for advice. I was simply providing an update on my own situation, to anyone who might be remotely interested.

Most people here are kind and supportive and I value their input - but there always has to be one or two people who seem hell bent on ruining a perfectly good thread/discussion.

If people are not interested in what I post, they can simply click on the next post. Nobody is forcing anyone to read my ****.

If they really despise me or struggle to understand what I'm "on about" they can add me to their ignore list.

I always do.

I'm not bagging you, you are an inspiration. In your first post you said "So ... I need some advice please" I am just pointing out that the FMA has issued a warning to those that try to help people (and those with bad intent). National and Labour have both put up barriers to those seeking financial advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I'm not bagging you, you are an inspiration.
    Thank you.

In your first post you said "So ... I need some advice please" I am just pointing out that the FMA has issued a warning to those that try to help people (and those with bad intent). National and Labour have both put up barriers to those seeking financial advice.
    As I said, I started this thread a long time ago. That post was made in 2019, so really not relevant now. The thread has only been used to update anyone who might be interested in how I'm going, investment-wise, so no longer seeking advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    I am qualified to give financial advice... !

Justakiwi wants a balanced portfolio but with little to no diversification... what sort of balanced portfolio is that....
    Don't you have more hoops to jump through than a circus dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    I am qualified to give financial advice... !
    That's debatable, but even if you are, I have made it clear I am not interested in what you are trying to sell me, so please give it a rest.

Justakiwi wants a balanced portfolio but with little to no diversification... what sort of balanced portfolio is that....
    I want a balanced/diversified share portfolio, and that is exactly what I have. Period. End of discussion.

Now ... either follow this discussion without mentioning crypto again, or leave please. That goes for anyone else who wants to continue to hijack my thread. This is like being back kindergarten teaching for goodness sake!

My congratulations as well justakiwi. It is an inspiration to see someone wanting to learn, getting stuck in and doing exactly that and also being resilient enough to participate in a forum that isn't always as supportive as it could be. That shows some strength of character and you should be very pleased with your progress. I look forward to your next post. Good motivation for us all in so many ways.
    I thought I’d share a little update for anyone who is interested. It has now been just over two years since I got back to investing with the help of Sharesies. I set myself a goal of having $10,000 invested by the time I turn 65. I will be 61 in August and my portfolio has just hit $20,000. My minimalist caravan lifestyle has made a huge difference and has allowed me to save and invest more money over the past two years, than I ever could have in the past. My total return (capital gain plus dividends) for the past two years was $4450 or 26.27% per annum. My portfolio is small - one ETF, five NZ companies and one unlisted company. As I have said before, I totally understand and appreciate that my progress to date means very little in terms of future progress, but I am very happy and more than a little chuffed with what I’ve achieved in two years. It is a really good feeling to be actively doing something with the money I earn, rather than simply watching it lose value sitting in bank accounts, which is what I did before.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me both in the forums and behind the scenes. You have taught me so much, and helped me gain the confidence to make decisions and stand by them. As much as aspects of this place make me crazy at times, I couldn’t have achieved what I have, without the knowledge, guidance and support many ST members have given me.

Looking forward to seeing what the next two years brings
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Thank you for this. I really appreciate it. Yesterday I was "this close" to heading out the door (again). Not because I can't hack the BS and the a***holes(I can), but why should I have to?

I stick around because of the good people and remind myself that the stirrers are a minority, who clearly have unresolved issues which they choose to take out on others. Bring it on if you must, douche bags - I'm not going anywhere!

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    My congratulations as well justakiwi. It is an inspiration to see someone wanting to learn, getting stuck in and doing exactly that and also being resilient enough to participate in a forum that isn't always as supportive as it could be. That shows some strength of character and you should be very pleased with your progress. I look forward to your next post. Good motivation for us all in so many ways.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 01-07-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Close but not close enough .....