sharetrader
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Dilettante

Well done justakiwi. Great to see that you have taken advice and done your homework resulting in such a great performance. Congratulations.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    For anyone who is remotely interested I thought I would share an update with you. I started this thread back in June of last year. I had just joined up to Sharesies and was getting started with $10 a week into USF. I think from memory I held about $1000 KFL shares (externally, which I had bought back in 2016).
    I commented above that my aim was to have about $10,000 invested by the time I turned 65. That seemed like a huge amount and “doable” given my limited income on part time work.

18 months later, having just turned 60, my portfolio is now sitting at $10,071.10. My total return for the period 25/5/19 to today, is 39.20%. Return for the last 12 months is 34.92%.

I know there will be some here who will have a quiet little snigger when they read this, but today I am celebrating and feeling proud of what I’ve achieved. It is possible to be a late starter to investing. It is possible to be a very small investor but still make it work, and it most definitely is worth doing even if you only have $10 a week to get started with.

Thank you to those of you who have helped me learn, encouraged and supported me, and put up with my constant PMs and questions. Your wisdom (talking to you Percy ) and guidance is pretty much what got me to my goal five years early!

I think a wine is in order

~ Carren

P.S Funny that my original plan (above) was to invest in ETFs only. As it turns out USF is still the only one I have. The other 5 are companies.
    Thats awesome! Well done and thanks for sharing, keep up the good work and keep posting as you add a valuable perspective to investing

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    For anyone who is remotely interested I thought I would share an update with you. I started this thread back in June of last year. I had just joined up to Sharesies and was getting started with $10 a week into USF. I think from memory I held about $1000 KFL shares (externally, which I had bought back in 2016).
    I commented above that my aim was to have about $10,000 invested by the time I turned 65. That seemed like a huge amount and “doable” given my limited income on part time work.

18 months later, having just turned 60, my portfolio is now sitting at $10,071.10. My total return for the period 25/5/19 to today, is 39.20%. Return for the last 12 months is 34.92%.

I know there will be some here who will have a quiet little snigger when they read this, but today I am celebrating and feeling proud of what I’ve achieved. It is possible to be a late starter to investing. It is possible to be a very small investor but still make it work, and it most definitely is worth doing even if you only have $10 a week to get started with.

Thank you to those of you who have helped me learn, encouraged and supported me, and put up with my constant PMs and questions. Your wisdom (talking to you Percy ) and guidance is pretty much what got me to my goal five years early!

I think a wine is in order

~ Carren

P.S Funny that my original plan (above) was to invest in ETFs only. As it turns out USF is still the only one I have. The other 5 are companies.

Congrats!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments people!

I thought I’d share a little update for anyone who is interested. It has now been just over two years since I got back to investing with the help of Sharesies. I set myself a goal of having $10,000 invested by the time I turn 65. I will be 61 in August and my portfolio has just hit $20,000. My minimalist caravan lifestyle has made a huge difference and has allowed me to save and invest more money over the past two years, than I ever could have in the past. My total return (capital gain plus dividends) for the past two years was $4450 or 26.27% per annum. My portfolio is small - one ETF, five NZ companies and one unlisted company. As I have said before, I totally understand and appreciate that my progress to date means very little in terms of future progress, but I am very happy and more than a little chuffed with what I’ve achieved in two years. It is a really good feeling to be actively doing something with the money I earn, rather than simply watching it lose value sitting in bank accounts, which is what I did before.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me both in the forums and behind the scenes. You have taught me so much, and helped me gain the confidence to make decisions and stand by them. As much as aspects of this place make me crazy at times, I couldn’t have achieved what I have, without the knowledge, guidance and support many ST members have given me.

Looking forward to seeing what the next two years brings

Guru

Well done Justakiwi!! Awesome!!

Guru

You can be proud of yourself justakiwi and may the increase in portfolio continue.

Yes well done justakiwi, you can teach us a few things I think!

Dilettante

Very cool and well done ��

Advanced Member

Wow - keep up those sort of returns and you will soon have a Big Portfolio . Congratulations.