sharetrader
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well this is interesting. I was replying to cryptocrude not you. Why did you respond the way you did when you were not even part of the conversation?

I'm starting to think maybe you and cryptocrude are the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I never said it was the focus of my life.
    My age and what I do is none of your business.

Wow what a classy person you are CC. instead of being supportive to a fellow investor sharing their journey, you turn it into a p*****g contest and attempt to diminish and make insignificant the strong performance they have achieved. Why couldn't you just stop after the first sentence and leave it at that? Self-serving and insensitive behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    hey real nice returns there for traditional investments... and sorry to be a party pooper,
    but ive done 800% return on the entire portfolio in half a year in crypto....
    I have made heaps of mistakes and easily underperformed the market...
    If you want to make money, and not hold judgement about how the money is made... if you want to follow the money flows and the most popular asset class right now, and of all time then definately check out crypto...
    100%
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Well this is interesting. I was replying to cryptocrude not you. Why did you respond the way you did when you were not even part of the conversation?
    I suppose because I'm not a mindreader. You posted to the whole group; 'you' which is a plural word, includes me. If you are replying to a specific post you should 'reply with quote' as nearly everone else in the entire planet does (there is one other dizzy twit who posts likewise. Like your posts it's impossible to know what he or she is on about).
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 30-06-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Wow. For your information I "reply with quote" 99% of the time. On occasions like this, where there are really only a couple of people "discussing" I don't bother, if my reply comes immediately after their post. which it did. Anyone with half a brain knew full well I was talking to CC. and by he way, the word "you" is not a "plural word." What rubbish. It can be used in both a singular or plural context as you well know.

As for your last statement - up you! You are now back on ignore where you clearly belong.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I suppose because I'm not a mind-reader. You posted to the whole group; 'you' which is a plural word, includes me. If you are replying to a specific post you should 'reply with quote' as nearly everyone else in the entire planet does (there is one other dizzy twit who posts likewise. Like your posts it's impossible to know what he or she is on about).
    Last edited by justakiwi; 30-06-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Wow. For your information I "reply with quote" 99% of the time. On occasions like this, where there are really only a couple of people "discussing" I don't bother, if my reply comes immediately after their post. which it did. Anyone with half a brain knew full well I was talking to CC. and by he way, the word "you" is not a "plural word." What rubbish. It can be used in both a singular or plural context as you well know.

As for your last statement - up you! You are now back on ignore where you clearly belong.
    I said you is a plural word. And it is. it is also a singular word.
    You have no idea if your post will be next to appear; although it often will. The point is someone reading posts out of interest should not have to refer to any previous entry - even if it is the relavent one. Furthermore, i had no idea what wow means. I thought it stood for the ridiculous world of wearable art, but that didn't seem to fit, so I looked it up.
    It seems it can serve as a noun, verb or simply an informal expression of excitement. All very flattering. I'm humbled.

exclamation
    expressing astonishment or admiration.
    "‘Wow!’ he cried enthusiastically"
    noun
    a sensational success.
    "your play's a wow"
    verb
    impress and excite (someone) greatly.
    "they wowed audiences on their recent British tour"
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 30-06-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Anybody here looked at this? "FMA releases guide for ‘finfluencers’" . Successive Governments have forced more and more regulation on those giving financial advice. Many of the commentators on this website (and many others) will be breaching the law by giving financial advice. I'm not suggesting the advice is bad or that the law is a net benefit, but it is what it is.

Guru

The Law is an ASS?

OK, I respectfully ask that we get back to the topic (of the thread I started). Please take any further off-topic contributions elsewhere.

Thank you.

You asked for advice. The Financial Markets Authority has outlined that people giving you advice may be breaking the law.

I started this thread a long time ago. My recent posts were not in any way asking for advice. I was simply providing an update on my own situation, to anyone who might be remotely interested.

Most people here are kind and supportive and I value their input - but there always has to be one or two people who seem hell bent on ruining a perfectly good thread/discussion.

If people are not interested in what I post, they can simply click on the next post. Nobody is forcing anyone to read my ****.

If they really despise me or struggle to understand what I'm "on about" they can add me to their ignore list.

Sometimes I really wonder why the hell I bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    You asked for advice. The Financial Markets Authority has outlined that people giving you advice may be breaking the law.