sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greens

Default Greens

Greens spokesperson Golriz Ghahraman says the new Defence Force Hercules places are unnecessary.

These aircrafts were brought into service in the 60ís, 50 years old for goodness sake, a lot older than Ms Ghshraman, she was born in 1981. I would wager she does not drive around in car from the 60ís or uses cell phone or a computer from the same era. But expect our defence personnel to do so.

These Greens are a dam worry.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Greens spokesperson Golriz Ghahraman says the new Defence Force Hercules places are unnecessary.

These aircrafts were brought into service in the 60’s, 50 years old for goodness sake, a lot older than Ms Ghshraman, she was born in 1981. I would wager she does not drive around in car from the 60’s or uses cell phone or a computer from the same era. But expect our defence personnel to do so.

I would argue that they are incorrectly "labelled" as greens. They are not greens like Jeanette Fitszimmon and Rod Donald were. They are Reds, as in communists taken over the Green party. Tis a shame really because there is a need for a true environmental green party.

She is possibly the loopiest of the fruit loops in the Greens. Certainly the most dishonest. I wouldn't take anything she says too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I would argue that they are incorrectly "labelled" as greens.
    As I mentioned above - not the most honest of parties. False labeling here for a start.

Update Ready To Install

These aircrafts were brought into service in the 60’s, 50 years old for goodness sake, a lot older than Ms Ghshraman, she was born in 1981. I would wager she does not drive around in car from the 60’s or uses cell phone or a computer from the same era. But expect our defence personnel to do so.

Greens will contest dams and fair enough, lots of environmental issues around them.

Have got a link to the article, i cant find it atm. But i read she was debating other issues too like increasing our military to 6000 and various weapon procurement replacements. Alot of money involved.

Its great that the Greens challenge dams, lots of environmental issues there.

Heres a classic from Golly "That is a lot of money and defence equipment costs a lot - but again we could have invested in smaller planes and done without the war-making capability that we're renewing," Bwahaha NZ a war making nation. Give me a break!

And thats ignoring the principle that the very first role of Government is to protect its citizens - so we need a defense force with some reasonable capability.

Edit - her you go JT
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...cessary-greens
    Last edited by minimoke; 12-06-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Update Ready To Install

Hey we've got weapons that kill people and drop bomb capability too ( from a hercules or something, someone rolls them out).

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I would argue that they are incorrectly "labelled" as greens. They are not greens like Jeanette Fitszimmon and Rod Donald were. They are Reds, as in communists taken over the Green party. Tis a shame really because there is a need for a true environmental green party.
    Agree with you Blackcap, they should stick to the environment, keep dirty little green fingers out of running the country.

Update Ready To Install

Whoops where have you been.The Greens are in a coalition, running the country. Damn successful too

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Whoops where have you been.The Greens are in a coalition, running the country. Damn successful too
    Yup. All those homeless people and kids in poverdy now enjoying a warm winter inside their affordable home.

Update Ready To Install

Its happening but incrementally, realistically.Lotta people able to heat their rooms thanks to this govt this winter and i saw a poll where re 60% of folks supported the govt housing programme which was far to optimistic initially to be sure , so many hurdles and complexities to deal with but they are being built and will succeed and intention is important after the cruelty and neglect of the last GDP specific govt.

Guru

Its happening but incrementally, realistically.Lotta people able to heat their rooms thanks to this govt this winter and i saw a poll where re 60% of folks supported the govt housing programme which was far to optimistic initially to be sure , .
    Link required to back up your first statement. As for the housing programme, how many have been built now, was it 68 or 38. Can't quite remember. But not the 1,000 per year being touted. A dismal failure at best.
    I see too that homelessness and other poverty related stats are up with this government. So its all good virtue signalling with words but as for cruelty and neglect, those words sum up the COL (coalition of losers) nicely.

Depends what your understanding of being successful is, among other things, having our Dr's and teachers on endless strikes, and a great number of kids going hungry or having to be feed at school. Perhaps you are ok with the long waiting hospital list, I don't consider these sort of things great achievement.

But each to our own

Its happening but incrementally, realistically.Lotta people able to heat their rooms thanks to this govt this winter .
    If you call a villa in Bali or Fiji a room then I agree.

Update Ready To Install

Depends what your understanding of being successful is, among other things, having our Dr's and teachers on endless strikes, and a great number of kids going hungry or having to be feed at school. Perhaps you are ok with the long waiting hospital list, I don't consider these sort of things great achievement.

But each to our own
    As i said incremental.all these issues are a result of the previous govt putting GDP ahead of people. Underfunding everything, building roads etc instead. Jonathon Coleman destroyed our health system with his draconian stranglehold on the dHB's for example.This govt has started to rectify that but it will be incremental. Even the massive spend on mental health will take years to be really effective, training up more counsellors etc.But we've started , much more to come.