sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Update Ready To Install

Jay, The Consumer has 8 electric batt mowers in its top 10 lawnmowers including no 1( a stihl but not the 460)and some are self propelled. Petrol are incredibly polluting and noisy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Now that is something electric I can recommend. I've got the Bosch Professional 18V drill along with a grinder, jigsaw and reciprocating saw. Got a couple of batteries and these can do any job i want for a day. Next challenge is to sneak a multi cutter in past SWMBO.
    Those Bosch blue professional drills are rubbish, might be okay for handyman stuff, but calling them professional series is a joke. Have two in the shed that I took from work with failed gearboxes (second time, got repaired under warranty the first time), just waiting for some spare time for me to hack up and throw away the drill, just keeping the batteries, charger and the pistol grip for a project. Reminds me, better go give them a charge up to keep the batteries alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Jay, The Consumer has 8 electric batt mowers in its top 10 lawnmowers including no 1( a stihl but not the 460)and some are self propelled. Petrol are incredibly polluting and noisy as hell.
    Thanks JT, was it the 510 a bigger more powerful version than the 460 , was a Ryobi or EGO in their as well??

Update Ready To Install

Cant say sorry as its a paid sub that i support for many reasons including alot of info besides reviews, like consumer rights etc.

Last edited by minimoke; 22-06-2019 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke in response to STMOD censorship of posts

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Weird. Your moral compass says you can call posters mass murderers and rapists who should be lined up and dealt to but wont share a review.

Jay - internet is your friend - try here: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/stihl-rma-510
    here: https://www.stihlusa.com/products/la...mowers/rma510/
    here: https://www.popularmechanics.com/hom...ed-lawnmowers/
    here: https://worldclasspowerequipment.sti...mowers/rma510/
    I think paying to read Consumer is weird. There's heaps of reviews for everything, plus anything you might find in consumer, available on the net free of charge.

Thanks MM, did do a bit of a search, was trying to find some NZ reviews and did stumble upon geekzone which were mostly in favour of the Ryobi, Wanted to know if anyone here had experience with them. Stihl appeared to be good, the bigger one, but there other products are a lot more expensive but not necessarily that much better it appears.

yeah I gave up on consumer, didn't really compare apples with apples - like a TV comparison OLED with LEDs instead of these are the best LEDs, these are the best OLEDs, to me sort of saying LEDs are rubbish get an OLED

But yes there are plenty of reviews on the net, trying to weed out the sensible ones is the hard part as you see 1 saying couldn't be better, then another saying the worst purchase since adam was a cowboy!

Last edited by minimoke; 22-06-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke in response to STMOD censorship of posts

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thanks JT, was it the 510 a bigger more powerful version than the 460 , was a Ryobi or EGO in their as well??
    Consumers testing finds them excellent for long grass too btw.
    Thats fine that others aren't prepared to pay for a sub, but expect the info for free , and weird ?. I find that a little weird in itself

I support all the good things Consumer does for New Zealanders, Consumer Rights, Investigations. advice on Family and Health , Travel etc etc.

Last edited by minimoke; 22-06-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke in response to STMOD censorship of posts

Update Ready To Install

Take a sub if you want to be informed.

Guru

Take a sub if you want to be informed.
    Or don't if you haven't got money to waste.

Update Ready To Install

Im not wasting your money

Guru

Im not wasting your money
    No. I accept that it's yours, and I'm perfectly happy for you to waste every last cent of it.

Update Ready To Install

Sorry you dont understand this FP or your insults, i have spelled out why im a paid subscriber. Id go back and read my posts why i support consumer. The reviews are a Grrrrreat bonus even.Hint,TV and radio frequently consult with Consumer on their news items about consumer rights etc etc etc.