sharetrader

Default Interactive Brokers

I am looking at using IB. Any comment about the discount broker and how easy it is to use their website would be appreciated?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I am looking at using IB. Any comment about the discount broker and how easy it is to use their website would be appreciated?
    I use them and find them great. Website is easy to use. Bit scary at first being new, but seems pretty good.
    I've had no issues transferring money into my account...once again...bit scary the first couple of times, but the money has always hit my acct pretty promptly. Make sure you don't set your trading parameters to tight...otherwise it can prevent you doing something...such as accessing a particular market, that you might want to. This happened to me...quite annoying.
    All good from my perspective.
    PM me if you have more specific inquiries.

Thanks RTM for that. They seem to tick all the boxes compared with other discount brokers. I also use a full broker but costs here certainly add up. I do like to be independent and feel brokers clip the ticket in so many ways.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Thanks 777, I am aware of this. However, most funds are in custodial accounts and this, I believe, reduces this risk as the shares are in the names of the custodian.