Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    percy

Default AQZ Alliance Aviation.

Shares on issue..................125,515,945
    Market cap at $2,59............$325,088,888
    eps....................................16.87cents
    PE......................................15.35
    dividend..............................13.1 cps
    Flying 43,soon 44 Fokker aircraft: mining,tourism,charter,wet lease,and scheduled airline services.
    Carrying very little debt.
    Today's trading up date was a very pleasant surprise...EBT expected to be up 25% on last year.
    Compare that with their PE.ie EBT growth rate 60% higher than their current PE.
    I added to my holding this afternoon,at $2.595 per share.
    Last edited by percy; 25-07-2019 at 06:22 PM.

IMO

Thanks, have been watching for a reentry after selling at/near the top a few months back(a logistical prob with two broking sites) and am back in now. S/P was quite weak for a while which made me overcautious in hindsight.

"Alliance is likely to achieve a Profit Before Tax for the year ending 30 June 2019 in excess of$32.5 million, which will be the best profit performance in the company 's 17 year history"

Fleet up to 44 fokkers and counting.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Thanks for your posts guys.

Have had this on my watch list for a long time. Some reason I have never taken a position in them. Maybe it's time for that to change!

Certainly seems to be going great guns at the moment, tough crowd to please over that side of the Tasman down 10c after that cracker of an announcement!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Thanks for your posts guys.

Have had this on my watch list for a long time. Some reason I have never taken a position in them. Maybe it's time for that to change!

Certainly seems to be going great guns at the moment, tough crowd to please over that side of the Tasman down 10c after that cracker of an announcement!
    I am trying to buy,[or add to my holding] only shares that come out with an earnings upside surprise,which AQZ did.
    Therefore the drop in share price rather surprised me.
    The 25% increase in EBT is higher than the 19% the market is/was expecting.??
    I expect AQZ will incease their divie too.
    Benny1.Something to note.AQZ own their aircraft..None are leased,rented or otherwise.
    Yes they rent,lease etc, some of their aircraft to others.
    Last edited by percy; 23-06-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Hmm... I know traditional airlines do like to lease some of their fleets as during a downturn in the industry they can offer load any spare capacity back to the leasing companies... Not sure if they get some tax advantages as well.
    The Fokkers while extremely suited to their operations are still getting on... They will not find any new homes once AQZ have finished with them.
    There will come a day when they need to be replaced...
    Very low debt and obviously a company flying high.
    Will be watching with interest and may just have to have a little dab soon.

percy

Yes the fleet is getting on.
    However, AQZ have plenty of spare parts.In fact they make good money leasing and selling parts such as engines,black boxes etc.
    The 16 or more they brought from Austrian Airlines a few years ago were in excellent condition.
    So fleet replacement is still some time away.

IMO

The s/p as i mentioned has been under pressure for a while but im surprised it continues to be after the update.I guess it prob confirms a fund manager/Instu is selling out.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The s/p as i mentioned has been under pressure for a while but im surprised it continues to be after the update.I guess it prob confirms a fund manager/Instu is selling out.
    Maybe the market sees Qantas not increasing their 19.9% holding,although they have stated they intend to.?

Veteran novice

I don't invest in the aviation sector on principle - aka, past bad experience! - but those who do should be encouraged by AQZ's annual report. Factual, informative and not a single expensive glossy photo to be had.

Peter Lynch would LOVE this company