percy

Excellent interim result out.
    Strong outlook.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Yeah not bad eh Percy!
    You in for some more?
    I might grab a few...

percy

No.I added to my holding on 20th June last year at $2.595.I have enough.
    A lot of expenses,such as forward maintenance and aircraft.parts brought, have been included in this 1st six months.
    This means the 2nd half will be a great deal more profitable,and the final divie will most probably be increased..

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No.I added to my holding on 20th June last year at $2.595.I have enough.
    A lot of expenses,such as forward maintenance and aircraft.parts brought, have been included in this 1st six months.
    This means the 2nd half will be a great deal more profitable,and the final divie will most probably be increased..
    Yeah I read that and thought the 2nd half could look quite promising.
    This could be a nice divi payer for the next few years and the DRP makes it abit more attractive..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Yeah I read that and thought the 2nd half could look quite promising.
    This could be a nice divi payer for the next few years and the DRP makes it abit more attractive..
    Agreed........................................

percy

Charter flight operator Alliance Aviation has expressed frustration at being left in limbo by a competition watchdog investigation into Qantas' investment in the group. Qantas paid about $60 million for a 20 per cent stake in the ASX-listed Alliance in February 2019 and said it wanted to build up a majority stake in Alliance, which this week revealed a record-high half-year profit....
    Last edited by percy; 07-02-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Charter flight operator Alliance Aviation has expressed frustration at being left in limbo by a competition watchdog investigation into Qantas' investment in the group. Qantas paid about $60 million for a 20 per cent stake in the ASX-listed Alliance in February 2019 and said it wanted to build up a majority stake in Alliance, which this week revealed a record-high half-year profit....
    Interesting... I wondered a while ago about how that was going... I know know the CCC were not favorable towards Qantas in it's draft findings that were published last year.
    Alliance are in an interesting position at the moment with a lot going on in the Aussie aviation sector. Virgin has it's much published financial problems, REX announcing a profit downgrade and cut to it's divi recently and that other crowd possibly up for sale..( name escapes me at the moment, need a coffee!!).
    Alliance are doing very well with their niche market and any fallout from Virgin and the others may open up new opportunities over the next couple of years.

I put in a very cheeky bid for a few more at a probably unrealistic price...will wait to see a few NZX half year results over the next week or so then decide where to put my penny's!

Agreed. I'm quite fond of businesses operating in tricky sectors where shrewd managers have found a profitable niche.

percy

AQZ's exposure to Virgin is between $250,000 and $300,000.Not a great deal.
    Virgin's administration should throw up a good few opportunities for AQZ.

AQZ's exposure to Virgin is between $250,000 and $300,000.Not a great deal.
    Virgin's administration should throw up a good few opportunities for AQZ.
    Got a few more yesterday!
    May open up a few opportunities but don't know if they are in a position to capitalise too much..
    They have 5 aircraft in storage I think at the moment so have a little bit of capacity there.
    Haven't heard what was happening with Cobham Aviation which apparently was to be offered up for sale by its English parent company later last year?
    Have got an order in for PTB as well.. Have been watching that one for quite a while now..