sharetrader
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Got a few more yesterday!
    May open up a few opportunities but don't know if they are in a position to capitalise too much..
    They have 5 aircraft in storage I think at the moment so have a little bit of capacity there.
    Haven't heard what was happening with Cobham Aviation which apparently was to be offered up for sale by its English parent company later last year?
    Have got an order in for PTB as well.. Have been watching that one for quite a while now..
    I hold PTB.
    Had them years ago,and recently paid top price to buy back in.lol.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Suppose you can't get it right everytime! Lol.
    Pity I didn't jump into PTB at 27c last month! At that price they were a steal!
    Will be happy to jump on board in the low 40's ..see how it goes..

Snap - also own AQZ and bought PTB recently. Not at the bottom (every small cap was a steal then) but they were- and are - still 40% below pre-covid levels, and that seemed cheap given acquisition benefits.
    In terms of PTB outlook, 24.3 update very positive, management have an excellent track record of exceeding expectations, and they trully provide an essential service their customers can't cut back on.
    Given NTA well above share price, growth, high cashflows and moderate debt they're one of my top picks atm (DYOR^^)
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 01-05-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Accidental...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Snap - also own AQZ and bought PTB recently. Not at the bottom (every small cap was a steal then) but they were- and are - still 40% below pre-covid levels, and that seemed cheap given acquisition benefits.
    In terms of outlook, 24.3 update very positive, management have an excellent track record of exceeding expectations, and they trully provide an essential service their customers can't cut back on.
    Given NTA well above share price, growth, high cashflows and moderate debt they're one of my top picks atm (DYOR^^)
    For what is worth I have experienced AQZ service first hand flying around industrial sites in Aus. Certainly appear an efficient outfit. Not surprised they are doing well.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    For what is worth I have experienced AQZ service first hand flying around industrial sites in Aus. Certainly appear an efficient outfit. Not surprised they are doing well.
    Thanks for posting.
    Good to hear.

Quite a bit of chatter on HC on Hugh Jones (former major shareholder in Airwork Holdings) building his shareholding in PTB over the last month. Hugh also a substantial security holder in AQZ.

As I posted on HC today, I’m concerned that the Covid-19 impacts on PTB are more negative than the gloss the directors used in their trading update released on 24 March.

percy

l note Virgin has no Vokkers in their fleet.Of their 98 planes 80 are parked.
    I guess plenty of opportunities coming AQZ's way.
    Last edited by percy; 27-04-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Percy,

Virgin Australia Regional Airlines, with a seperate Aircraft Operating Certificate, has 5 A320’s and 9 F100’s in service plus a further 1 A320 and 5 F100’s parked.

https://www.planespotters.net/airlin...ralia-Regional

VARA has its origins in Skywest, acquired by Virgin back in 2013.

Virgin have a FIFO JV with AQZ whereby they cooperate on logistics, ground handling and spares and also since the start of the JV jointly bid on new charter work.

AQZ have been wet leasing aircraft to Virgin, operating some Queensland regional services and a week day Brisbane to Port Moresby return flight. If Virgin Mk II retrenches to main city pairs, agree there is plenty of scope for AQZ. They will however need to be selective, which I’ve no doubt given the caliber and experience of AQZ senior management they will be.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Percy,

Virgin Australia Regional Airlines, with a seperate Aircraft Operating Certificate, has 5 A320’s and 9 F100’s in service plus a further 1 A320 and 5 F100’s parked.

https://www.planespotters.net/airlin...ralia-Regional

VARA has its origins in Skywest, acquired by Virgin back in 2013.

Virgin have a FIFO JV with AQZ whereby they cooperate on logistics, ground handling and spares and also since the start of the JV jointly bid on new charter work.

AQZ have been wet leasing aircraft to Virgin, operating some Queensland regional services and a week day Brisbane to Port Moresby return flight. If Virgin Mk II retrenches to main city pairs, agree there is plenty of scope for AQZ. They will however need to be selective, which I’ve no doubt given the caliber and experience of AQZ senior management they will be.
    Thank you for the link.Virgin showed no Fokkers.?
    So 14 Fokkers.
    With their debt down,strong balance, and their record of paying very modest amounts for their purchases ,I would think the Virgin administrators will be talking to AQZ.
    Can not see them buying any aircraft except Fokkers from Virgin.
    And I doubt any other airline would be buying any aircraft for a good long time..
    Last edited by percy; 27-04-2020 at 03:02 PM.