sharetrader
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

See SMH articles quoting AQZ CEO Lee Schofield:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...11-p551jh.html

Clearly they have an opportunity to take a greater part in the Virgin Australia Charter and Regional operations under the new owner. Administrators are working to a mid June conclusion of a deal with successful bidder.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    See SMH articles quoting AQZ CEO Lee Schofield:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...11-p551jh.html

Clearly they have an opportunity to take a greater part in the Virgin Australia Charter and Regional operations under the new owner. Administrators are working to a mid June conclusion of a deal with successful bidder.
    Thanks for the link.
    Virgin Regional would be a perfect fit for AQZ.Can't see anyone else being either cashed up, or interested in it.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Hey just a quick question on the SPP if you don't mind guys.
    Would I need an Aussie bank account?
    Have been thinking about a transferwise account and not sure if this would be the way to go? Can set that up then can pay out of it for the SPP and any refund due to scaling can be returned easily to that account (though I doubt that would happen!) and any dividends from any ASX holding could be direct debited to that account in the future.
    Just wondering if that's the best way to do it.

Benny, without your own AUD bank account, you would either need to buy an AUD Draft from your bank in NZ and post/courier it to the share register. What I have done with a few capital raises by ASX listed companies is to buy the AUD through my NZ sharebroker and they have been happy to direct credit into the required Australian bank account. Haven’t tried it, but my Westpac internet banking enables payments to be paid into Australian bank accounts, so that may also work. FX conversion rates have generally been sharper through my sharebroker than my trading bank and bank drafts usually come with an additional fee.

Dividend receipts are more problematic - I generally have signed up to DRP’s to save the hassle. Computershare Australia does offer a service to convert AUD dividends into NZD for a fee. Link Market Services Australia also offer a service by opening an account with OFX - see https://www.ofx.com/en-nz/press-room...k-partnership/

If you want to keep dividends in AUD rather than converting to NZD than probably best to set up an AUD account with one of the online platforms.
    Last edited by Southern Lad; 13-06-2020 at 02:24 PM.

percy

I deal with Craigs,for both NZ and Aussie,and have cash management accounts for both countries..
    Very few Aussie companies still pay divies with cheques.Those I still receive I send into Craigs, who deposit into my cash management a/c.
    Some companies try to pay direct credit into my NZ a/c.Always goes wrong ,so where possible it is better to take DRP [dividend reinvestment].Rights issue such as AQZ i just send the entitlement letter, or entitlement email, into Craigs who do the payment for me,taking the funds out of my [Aussie]cash
    management account.

ps.Get straight onto it as usually your entitlement letter arrives just as the issue closes or is about to close.
    Perhaps it is best to ring the share registry, and get them to email you your entitlement form.
    Last edited by percy; 13-06-2020 at 03:33 PM.

With Australian companies I use email as the communication preference so all shareholder communication occurs electronically. This eliminates the snail mail delay.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    With Australian companies I use email as the communication preference so all shareholder communication occurs electronically. This eliminates the snail mail delay.
    The best option.

Thanks very much for your advice guys! Will get on to it!
    I would seen Virgin Regional will be taken over or at least the most part of it by Alliance.
    Great growth ahead for this little airline.. Not often you can say that in these current times!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Hey just a quick question on the SPP if you don't mind guys.
    Would I need an Aussie bank account?
    Have been thinking about a transferwise account and not sure if this would be the way to go? Can set that up then can pay out of it for the SPP and any refund due to scaling can be returned easily to that account (though I doubt that would happen!) and any dividends from any ASX holding could be direct debited to that account in the future.
    Just wondering if that's the best way to do it.
    A Transferwise AU [multi-currency] account strikes me as a perfectly good way of dealing with Australian share SPP and dividends.

I use them extensively for shuffling money around and paying bills in several currencies.
    om mani peme hum

Cool thanks for that!
    Will look into it tomorrow.