sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    IMO

Default OVENTUS OVN a real competitor to FPH and RMD

Oventus has reinvented itself with great improvements and efficacy for its Oventus O2 Airway Technology.This presentation tells one why it is superior to expensive mask systems (CPAP) that FPH and RMD use which have high drop out rate.Sleep centres and Lab in Lab simplifies the referral process.

"Traditional US patient referral pathway
    The “silo-ing” of dentists and sleep physicians makes the patient journey complex and creates conflicting economic imperatives
    • Patients present to their family doctor with symptoms
    • They are referred to a sleep physician
    • A sleep test is performed in a lab or at home
    • They return for a follow-up consultation with a sleep physician
    • They are referred to a durable medical equipment supplier or CPAP reseller for a CPAP trial
    • 35% of patients refuse a CPAP trial
    • • •
    • •
    20% of CPAP trial patients will not move forward with a CPAP
    50% of the patients that move forward with CPAP abandon treatment within the first year
    The patient returns to the sleep physician or GP requesting a prescription for an oral appliance
    Patient returns to the dentist for fitting of an oral appliance
    Patient should be referred back to the sleep physician for follow up?

"During 2018, clinical work undertaken through the Federal Government-funded CRC-P, ‘NeuRA trial’ led to three significant discoveries in the area of sleep medicine:
    1. The ExVentTM valve – inserting this valve into the ‘duck bill’ of Oventus’ O2VentTM device improves efficacy for those patients who need more intervention
    2. The O2Vent ONEPAPTM valve – clips into the ‘duck bill’ of Oventus’ O2VentTM device and acts as a mini CPAP valve without the need for cords or power
    3. The O2Vent ConnectTM CPAP connection will connect the Oventus O2VentTM device to CPAP, enabling CPAP to be delivered at lower pressures, without the need for a full face mask
    These unexpected product discoveries, Oventus' ExVent valve, OnePAP and O2Vent Connect, represent the most significant improvements in sleep medicine in over several decades."

The S/P has doubled plus for me very quickly (I had a buy for some more at the top of the Q on tuesday and left and went and looked at an EV Nissan leaf, when i came back my bid had been buried!) and it looks like things are going faster than the company expected as well. So their cash burn may have accelerated and a placement/ cap raising may be close.

Heres the most recent presentation (3rd one in a few months). I plan to sell some RMD and FPH and buy more of these. Not a recco, DYOR

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/inv...ation.4860973/
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-07-2019 at 08:29 PM.

percy

Traging halt.CR...Interesting times.

IMO

"So their cash burn may have accelerated and a placement/ cap raising may be close." JT

Yep right on q. I will take up mine @ 38c fully and more if poss.Market loves it ,s/p up 17% to 54.5c atpit.

Thank you to you know who for spotting this turnaround before the mkt picked up on it (at much higher prices).
    Ann: Placement & Non-renounceable Entitlement Offer

IMO

https://youtu.be/VG64T9gQTs8 Worth watching if you want to understand why the mkt is taking to this stock .

Appendix 4C - quarterly

Placement & Non-renounceable Entitlement Offer

IMO

Have applied for extra in the placement. Besides goldies one of the few in my portfolio to go up today ,7.5% atp.Good announcement , more sleep centres taking up.
    Further Material Agreements with two US Sleep Groups

IMO
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 03-09-2019 at 09:31 AM.

I bought a small parcel today for a punt! Thanks JT.

IMO

Strong recovery to 57c since 38c cap raise RRR. It still is a punt atp, need more orders , sleep centres onboard and momentum to continue. Sure is a crowded space but OVN have a lead, a competitive advantage over other mouth pieces atpit, just need to watch closely imo.

IMO

Up another 6c today to 63c on good volume.

Thanks for the heads up JT, very interesting product. There are a lot of non CPAP oral gadgets (somnamed being best known here) but OVN does seem to have an advantage with their side air technology making it suitable for a larger group of patients. Have you looked into their IP protection?