sharetrader

Hybrid View

Default Interpreting/judging a company’s annual results

Newbie question for the rest of you please. I have been following various HGH discussions with interest and am aware their annual results are due to be released soon. How does one judge whether a report such as this is “good” or “bad?” Are you simply looking for positive growth/profit from the previous year or are you looking much more specifically at different areas of the report?

I need to start learning about this stuff so any guidance would be helpful.

IMO

You could start by reading the last 3 or 4 Annual result presentations, updates, outlooks etc and see if they actually DO what they say, dont over promise promise and under deliver ,have staircase bar charts(increasing earnings, profits etc).Do this prior to the imminent AR .

Some good suggestions. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You could start by reading the last 3 or 4 Annual result presentations, updates, outlooks etc and see if they actually DO what they say, dont over promise promise and under deliver ,have staircase bar charts(increasing earnings, profits etc).Do this prior to the imminent AR .

I noticed a large number of small transactions, and similar transactions - can anyone explain what these are please??
    Small trades.png
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio